Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fanatic

QDOOM Public Test

Guest Fanatic

I'll be releasing a QDOOM public test before too long. I'm waiting on some engine bugs to be squashed, and that's about it. I've been working on the demo for about 3 weeks now, playtesting and making sure everything is as good as it can be.

I hope it's just the first level or something. I don't to see 3/10 of the game right off the bat.

Yeah, you gotta do, like, one game map and one map that isn't going to be in the game. And maybe one DM map. Personally I think it would be a better idea just to release the full thing when it's done, as this test might kill the anticipation.

Yeah, I usually don't download tests or demos myself. Upload the whole thing whenever you're done (if you ask me). I can wait and wait, for I'll not stop liking DOOM (and I always thought the Q1 atmosphere was nice).

Lüt said:

Yeah, you gotta do, like, one game map and one map that isn't going to be in the game. And maybe one DM map. Personally I think it would be a better idea just to release the full thing when it's done, as this test might kill the anticipation.

That's right. It will kill, at the very least, some of the anticipation. I don't like this idea at all.

Guest Fanatic
AndrewB said:

I hope it's just the first level or something. I don't to see 3/10 of the game right off the bat.

It will be the first episode:

Start map #1, E1M1, E1M2, and E1M3, Knight, Death Knight, Wizard, Axe, Shotgun, Super Shotgun, Nailgun, various pickup items, good amount of textures, sounds, etc.

It's a lot to play with, but there's still a lot left for the rest of the game.

If you don't want to play it and ruin your expectations for the full game, just don't get it, resist the temptation. But for those wanting to see what EDGE can really do, and what QDOOM will be like, this is your opportunity (soon).