Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlayeR

Download MaimTown Demo!

Guest SlayeR

I have just uploaded a demo of my current project, MaimTown. I am eager to see what other people think of it. I personally think it could be up there with the best, but that's just my biased opinion. If it doesn't download because it 'cant be found', try again later, or I might put it in 'Newstuff' soon...
Download it from my Doom page (below).

As it is now, it is indeed very very nice! The map is well laid out and the architecture has plenty of nice detail. Excellent work. Item and monster placement is good too, so the map plays well. Oh yeah good work on the special effects too! I especially like the bobbing crates :) The only thing I can think of that may make it even better is more attention to the shading. A lot of the map is quite bright. You could probably lower the light levels down to about 144 or 160 in most of the inside areas. This would allow your source lighting to show up with better contrast. It would also allow you to use the architecture to create shadows for a more dramatic effect.

Up there with the best? Most definately I think.

Guest SlayeR

I'm glad you liked it, I will announce it here when the full thing is finished. I still have 1 and a half levels to do, though. One bigger than the demo level, and one slightly smaller. I will work on touching up the shading and the finished version should be even better!

Thanks for the advice!

Impressive. It is nice to see one that isn't afraid of placing health where needed... :)