Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fanatic

RUINS: an EDGE map is released!

Great map. Very cool. I love that elevator. You need to do a tutorial on that; I would love to know how it was done.

Guest Fanatic

Build your elevator, 3D floors and all. Then you make special line types that move not the elevator as you see it in the game, but you move the dummy sectors floor and ceiling at the same speed and offset the distance to move by the thickness of the dummy sectors. And you call all the line triggers using RTS (you can clump dozens of line triggers together as one trigger).

To see hwo I did it in RUINS.WAD, rename the entry in the WAD "RUINS" to "MAP01", and extract the DDFLINE and RSCRIPT lumps to tear it apart and see what I did. I commented on what does what in the DDF and script, so it shouldn't be too hard to follow.

It's the same thing I did in the QDOOM Public Test to make the moving 3D platforms in QD3, just a lot more complex.

Fanatic said:

Build your elevator, 3D floors and all. Then you make special line types that move not the elevator as you see it in the game, but you move the dummy sectors floor and ceiling at the same speed and of

Cool! I was wondering if you could do that to make Quake style platforms. I guess you can. :) I'll check out the info in the map. Thanks!