Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoulMuncha

Help...

Guest SoulMuncha

Is ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/newstuff/ an annonymous FTP? I've got some wads I want to get out there...

SoulMuncha

You can indeed upload as an anonymous user to this ftp site. However, the URL to connect to is ftp://ftp.cdrom.com. Once you're connected, you need to navigate to the /pub/idgames/newstuff directory before you can upload to it.

Guest SoulMuncha

I've tried uploadin to the newstuff directory, and the deathmatch levels directory with the apropriate letter and it's not uploading. It returns an error message saying (basically) "acess denied"

I think this is because I'm using netscape to upload. What else can I use?

SoulMuncha

Heh... you can't just upload straight to any dir there, you have to upload to ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/incoming then it gets moved to newstuff if it meets some criteria found at a text file in the dir, I can't remember the filename right now find it out yourself...

SoulMuncha said:

I've tried uploadin to the newstuff directory, and the deathmatch levels directory with the apropriate letter and it's not uploading. It returns an error message saying (basically) "acess denied"

I think this is because I'm using netscape to upload. What else can I use?

SoulMuncha

Sorry about the mistake I made in my previous post. You cannot upload to the Newstuff directory; you can only upload to the Incoming directory.

I have used both Netscape and MS Internet Explorer to upload to cdrom.com without problems, so I don't think your browser is the problem. I assume you are using an ftp client (such as CuteFTP). Make sure when you connect to cdrom.com, that the URL you use is for the "root directory", i.e., ftp://ftp.cdrom.com and not the destination directory, ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/doom2/incoming. Once you are connected to cdrom.com, you can navigate to the Incoming directory to upload your stuff.

Sorry for the error. You should be able to upload to Incoming without any problems (unless the site is down for some reason).

Espi said:

Heh... you can't just upload straight to any dir there, you have to upload to ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/idgames/incoming then it gets moved to newstuff if it meets some criteria found at a text file in the dir, I can't remember the filename right now find it out yourself...

Incomming.txt or upload.txt or something like that!

ReX said:

You can indeed upload as an anonymous user to this ftp site. However, the URL to connect to is ftp://ftp.cdrom.com. Once you're connected, you need to navigate to the /pub/idgames/newstuff directory before you can upload to it.

heh. yeah but why would you upload as an anonymous user. Is the wad that crappy? heh

Guest SoulMuncha

Thanks, I've got it working now.