Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nwasmb

Addons with gzdoom+steamdoom+brutal mod

Hi buddys

Back in childhood, ive re-downloaded my good old dooms from steam. I immediatly added Gzdoom and brutal mod.

I would love to use this addon :

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/dark-doom/#5593964

But i couldnt figure out how to make it works. Please dont reply "google it" or shit like, it's 2h i try to figure out how to manage it (i tryed before with zandronum, but it crashed).

Could any1 try to make me mini-tuto or link me a thread explaining it clearly and propelly?

Big love!

Tyler Durden

EDIT :

I've extract the .zip of darkdoom, and put this new folder into gzdoom. If i launch one of the .pk3 from this new folder, i manage to get the "darkdoom", but i can not use brutal mod.. (seems logic afterall, ea .pk3 is a different .exe right?)

My question is, how can i get better graphism (hi res texure), eventually new weap/monster skins, working with brutal mod?

thx <3

As i know Brutal Doom has own graphic stuff. These mods probably replace each other.
Two ways:
1) Deal with it!
2) Open pk3 of darkroom and rewrite code inside Brutal Doom mod.
P.S. Probably this thread will be moved away from here.

Thank you for the answer. Yeah my bad if it wasnt the right section.
Oh well, yeah seems clear now.. damn! Re-writting brutal's code seems for me harder than ultra-violence, as completly newbie on it. I'll try check some tuto.

I imagined there was a way to simply replace a original texture "A" by a custom texture "1" (founded on cgtexture or so, to have clean concrete, metals n so)

thanks again

Nwasmb said:

I imagined there was a way to simply replace a original texture "A" by a custom texture "1" (founded on cgtexture or so, to have clean concrete, metals n so)

There is.

You need to make a pk3 (a zip file with a changed extension) in which there'll be a "hires" folder.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Namespace

In that folder, you put your high res textures. You just need to give them the same name as the texture they replace. So to replace STARTAN, you'll have in your pk3 hires/STARTAN.png.