Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

[Released] Doomworld Roulette: Session 1

walter confalonieri said:

I'll claim gun 3 chamber... 2

@Gothic Unless alfonzo introduces a new revolver you can pick a slot.

Slight slip-up on my part, cannonball, I unveiled the chamber 2 theme for Gothic but punched it into the 3rd one. Because I'm dumb. Want to pick another number while I fix that up?

Alfonzo said:

Slight slip-up on my part, cannonball, I unveiled the chamber 2 theme for Gothic but punched it into the 3rd one. Because I'm dumb. Want to pick another number while I fix that up?

Lets go with 4 then.

Shoutouts to gaspe, scotty, scifista42 and Doomkid: Your randomly generated themes are a bit boring, and I apologize. I'm going to start re-rolling the dice if those kinds of results come up in the internal selection process from here on out, so if you like I can generate some additional descriptions and tack them on to your existing themes, free of charge!

Alfonzo said:

Shoutouts to gaspe, scotty, scifista42 and Doomkid: Your randomly generated themes are a bit boring, and I apologize. I'm going to start re-rolling the dice if those kinds of results come up in the internal selection process from here on out, so if you like I can generate some additional descriptions and tack them on to your existing themes, free of charge!

Oh well, I'll take an additional description then. It will be more fun! :P

Yeah i'll go for it too.

Alfonzo said:

A Fractured Techbase in The Bay

Mmh, on second though, I think I'm not gonna participate on this.

I am not the most active on the forums, but i was looking for excuse to try non-ZDoom mapping. So i'll take the 6.

Have fun, Scion! That one is short, sweet and versatile. Looking forward to seeing what you can cook up.

Gothic said:

Are you sure? It's a pretty straight-forward theme, I think, and plenty forgiving. Don't be afraid to discuss your ideas if you're looking for further inspiration!

Gothic said:

And at least is it isn't "tropical" and you've had to spend two days looking for textures to use. :D

@Alfonzo: I'm fine with the theme I already have, keep it as is, please. I want it easy, because I find mapping and (mainly) finishing maps hard. :)

So, since i had the eccentric flag (oh joy), means that i have to found a random theme in the generator or the theme is hidden in the phrase and we need to find it...

Sorry for the stupid question...

You have to somehow eke a map theme out of what you got, Walter!*

Unlike me, who has something very specific that can't be done in Doom :P I hope people like being crushed, as that's about as close as I'm getting to a landslide outside of ZDoom.

*Something like a burning New York Christmas, perhaps?

Phobus said:

Unlike me, who has something very specific that can't be done in Doom

Conveyor belts / scrolling floors can be done in Boom format, though. :)

Getting tropical up in here!

So far I've only got two trees out of the theoretical six things replaced for the map. Hopefully other people don't mind. I'd also love to have more if no-one else uses any!

Ah, that's the spirit! You've got the whole serene, light blue water aesthetic going on too, which is awesome. I wonder if there's going to be "protrusion" of any kind...?

I haven't settled on the method of sprite replacement but it looks like you'll have access to one at the very least and at most you'll have six, depending on how many other people in your set want to make use of their own. It should be okay to use them freely in the mean time, anyway, without getting too reliant on them.

joe-ilya said:

The sky is misalinged, you should put a light blue sky, like the water.

Yea I have one, just currently cc4-tex is overriding it with the sky from there because I haven't isolated any textures yet.

Rayzik said:

And at least is it isn't "tropical" and you've had to spend two days looking for textures to use. :D

Hell, you coulda found what you needed in an hour on realm667.

I like tropical doom stuff so i'm looking forward to yours.