Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

Donnybrooking - An Icarus Tribute WAD Community Project

Angry Saint said:

Is this project still active? Any other mapping for it?

It's still active for now. I'm making a map & Yakfak said he will be doing a map as well. There's still 2 month's to go before I close map submissions so I hope that a few more people than that will make some maps.

Your map was fun to play. It wasn't a puzzle oriented as I was hopping these maps would be. But at least this one did have a few puzzles, unlike the previous map submission. If I get enough good map submissions I'll include this one into the wad.

It has the best puzzle I could create... nothing new or original, but I'm glad you had some fun.

As there is some more time, I will eventually improve it from the gameplay point of view.

I did expect to get a few more maps than this, but since it seems like it's only going to be 3, I'll go ahead & extend the deadline to March 15 since I need a few weeks to test these maps.

Yakfak, are you going to be able to come through with your map in time?

Extend much further, then - I mean, if there are already WIP maps, don't let deadline be an obstacle!

One of the goals behind this project was to get a set of maps made in the same time period that Icarus was made & then release them on the 20th Anniversary of Icarus which is on the 17th of this month.

I still haven't hear back from Yakfak on the status of his map & at this point I might not even make the deadline with my map. So as of right now I consider this project to be a failure. I suppose I'm partly to blame because I was too busy with TNT Revilution to pay much attention to this project.

Angry Saint since you are the only person that has made a map I suggest that you take it elsewhere, & as of right now I'm signing off of this wad. I would still like to make a small puzzle based wad in the future, but I'll do it with less restrictions & when I have more time to pay attention to it.

Sorry everybody.

I'm sorry, it was an interesting idea different from the usual maps.

Can I use the resource pack in future releases of my map (or for other maps)? Who is to credit for it?

Angry Saint said:

I'm sorry, it was an interesting idea different from the usual maps.

Can I use the resource pack in future releases of my map (or for other maps)? Who is to credit for it?

Yeah sure go ahead. It's a combination of metal textures taken from various texture packs, Community Chest 4, A Fistfull of Doom, & TNT Revilution.