Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Revolution! MIDI Pack project (COMPLETE! Also a surprise on page 10)

joe-ilya said:

Here's a 55-second MIDI, not sure if it's good enough. It's aimed towards MAP32.
Listening with OPL2 recommended.
This track is called "Untitled 2"
https://www.mediafire.com/?lyrdmaqdb1uq4d7

This is really good, you should keep making these. In fact you should start making midi packs like this.

DoomLover234 said:

Good question. From my experience I'd say about 30-45 seconds but I'm not in charge here,

It's actually 11 seconds for Doom 2 (which I would say is what CWolfRu should aim for), and 7 seconds for Doom 1.

DoomLover234: Cool! I'm gonna say the same I did for CWolfRu and say that this track definitely has potential to sound great. Let me know if you'd like to try and refine it at all or whether you'd be okay with me tinkering with it. Thanks!

Oh wow... I've found my good ol' CASIO!

And, by the way, Tzimidzi Greetings You!

--

Jimmy said:

Added you, DoomLover234.

CWolfRu: Your contribution is appreciated! It has the makings of a cool track if it's really fleshed out. I'm gonna hold onto this for the time being, and if it's cool with you I might see if I can bolster it to its full potential. In the meantime don't be discouraged, just keep working at honing your skills. :)

Thanks Jimmy) Glad to hear it.

Sure you may do anything you want.

hmm. i probably have some songs lying around that i could contribute to the project. i'll have to check to see if i can find any. if not, i'll just make something new.

edit: are covers of existing songs acceptable? i have this short cover of a song that i could think of submitting to the project. it's a very short, snappy, and action-packed song: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kiryw3nnwgs67r/Westopolis.mid?dl=0

if not that, at least i have this slower, moodier, slightly darker-sounding song. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gvm9go2iso9wz4/mint%20petal.mid?dl=0

both songs fit the in-game limit, but for some reason i can't edit the songs in Sekaiju to fix them up, so that'd have to be done on Jimmy's end if they end up causing problems for people.

if my track does get in the project, the "mint petal" one that is, i should probably rename the track into something more... poetic. like, i dunno, A Minty Demise or Fresh and Petal.

Ragnor said:

No Eris, you cant submit "The Revolution Continues" ;)

Oh, but that means I have to actually make new MIDIs :(

Good thing I checked this board today. I figured sooner or later, I was gonna have to suggest a Fragport MIDI Pack. Revolution! is a great choice, too, though. I'd like to take on Map14 and Map28.

joe-ilya said:

Am I horrible because I use MIDImaker? It's really hard for me to make a decent melody with it.

No, it's because you're (I'm assuming) a beginner at music, and whenever someone is a beginner at anything they tend to be horrible, and the way to get better is to keep doing it. If this is really something that you'd like to get into, I would encourage you to do lots of it just for yourself (like a beginner mapper should start off making maps just for themselves, just to explore what's possible).

Good to have you on board again, Hellish Godzilla. :)

CWolfRu: Nice work. With the addition of some proper percussion such as a military-sounding snare and some background timpani, this'll work a treat. It's uh, gonna need a name that isn't "Tzimidzi Greetings You!", though, heh. The proper verb there would be "Greets".

Doomhuntress: Thanks for your contributions! Did you want to go ahead and claim some slots for these yet? They're going fast!

Westopolis - I enjoy the hard rock style of this a lot - reminds me Icarus's heavier tracks, and the synth chords really do it justice too. Any plans to extend this?

Mint Petal - Let me know if you come up with a better name, though this one seems fine to me. The track is definitely a yes, though. Sweet chords and melodies all throughout. Won't need any work or extensions. Cheers for this!

Jimmy said:

DoomLover234: Cool! I'm gonna say the same I did for CWolfRu and say that this track definitely has potential to sound great. Let me know if you'd like to try and refine it at all or whether you'd be okay with me tinkering with it. Thanks!

I am okay with your idea.

Also, joe-ilya, I used MIDImaker as well. It isn't hard to use if you know how to use it properly.

@Jimmy, i haven't claimed any slots since i wasn't sure which maps the songs would fit on. i guess i'll boot up TVR quickly and run around on the unclaimed maps to see which ones i'd want.

edit: in my opinion, Mint Petal would work well on either map10, map 16 or possibly 17. judging from the original tracks in the Doom 2 OST, i think it would boost the atmosphere of either of those. if i absolutely have to choose, i'll pick Map10, since i like the concept for the level, and i feel that my song fits with the facility where you can kill the chained up people. and i think i'll let the track-name stay, since i can't think of a better one.

i might expand on Westopolis if i get any good ideas on it. i would've put it on a tiny map, but map01 is already taken, so welp on that part. maybe map04 if it's gonna be on here?

also, maybe this for map25? https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsj8p6g9c8tnwaw/i%20fuck%20things%20up_2.mid?dl=0

edit 2: hello yes okay Westopolis is now ready for map04, i think. https://dl.dropbox.com/s/1b6nozqsq86dkny/Westopolis_2.mid?dl=0

Jimmy said:

CWolfRu: Nice work. With the addition of some proper percussion such as a military-sounding snare and some background timpani, this'll work a treat. It's uh, gonna need a name that isn't "Tzimidzi Greetings You!", though, heh. The proper verb there would be "Greets".

Thanks. Eh, my English is awful.

Wow, first the Plutonia MIDI Pack and now Revolution! Would you probably consider making a Hell Revealed MIDI Pack? Like, the original was awesome with Rise of the Triad's soundtrack, but Maps 20 - 26, 28, and 30 were all just stock Doom music, when it could have been filled up as well.

Added your third claim, CWolfRu.

Doomhuntress: Consider all three tracks added. I really like all of these. :D Might I suggest 23 instead for "I Fuck Things Up"? (And maybe an alternate name? No biggie though, heh.) Given your use of the phrygian scale and the shamisen, I think it fits the trap-filled pyramid better than the moody castle (which is heavily switch-hunt oriented).

EDIT: Minor gripe, but Westopolis might need a slight tweak at the end in order to ensure seamless looping. Can you take care of this or shall I?

@Jimmy, check the same link again. i cut out the ending so it loops more seamlessly now.

as for the song being on on the pyramid level, sure, i'm okay with that. and as for a different name, how about "Ancient Enclosure?" fits with the puzzle-aspect of the map, right?

Jimmy said:

DoomLover234: Added. Also, how's this? Don't rightly know if it's as good as I can make it.

Imp's Tradition

Sounds great. Much more suiting for the intermission screen now.

Just some important things - first off, I amended the first post to clarify that like Plutonia MIDI Pack, the intent of the project is mostly to create a pool of reusable MIDIs for the community to enjoy - so the text file will be specifying that the assets of the upload will be available for reuse. I can't think of any reason why anyone would be, but if you're unsure about your music for this possibly getting reused, well uhh... you should probably not be partaking in this project, heh. I imagine everyone would be cool with that, though, so there's that.

Secondly, how does everyone feel about getting an alpha? Maybe once we reach 10 or 16 tracks. I've actually been pre-emptively compiling as the tracks have been submitted, so I could put it out at basically any time. Thoughts?