Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

[Released] Doomworld Roulette: Session 2

Link to the previous session

Welcome back to the shooting gallery! Fresh off the back of last month's session comes the planned follow-up to Roulette, in which you'll once again be required to pick a number between 1 and 6 and spin some fancy level design using a theme from Jmickle66666666's map theme generator. There have been a couple of changes to the rule set, but the basics remain the same: Your imagination and reading comprehension remain your greatest assets.

Rules:

• Make a post in this thread that lays claim to any number listed 1 through 6. You will be assigned a pre-selected map theme generated using the map theme generator, and that theme and your name will appear in the OP.
  • The maps must be in Doom 2, Boom format.
  • You may use custom textures of your choosing, and up to 2 decorative sprite replacements.
  • You must list sources for any custom music and textures used.
  • You may provide a name for your map, and are encouraged to provide commentary on how you chose to interpret your given theme. All of these details will be pinned to the /idgames textfile.
  • The maps must be outfitted with thing placement for coop and have the skill settings implemented. You won't be expected to test it in coop for bugs, but it'd certainly be a help!
  • All maps must be in my hot little hands by 00:00 EST on the 18th of January. The chief condition is that they are able to be completed; you will be permitted to update the map without any major additions to its content until the final release to /idgames. Otherwise, that deadline is solid - no extensions, ye hear?
A key difference to last month's session is that while any number of participants can get involved with the project, only 12 maps will be selected for the final release, hence the contest label. Obviously, this mandates the existence of a judging panel to help select the maps, and in addition to Critics Choice Jmickle, who will continue to waver his thumb over the lot of it from on high. Any maps that don't get selected are yours to dispense with, although I would suggest that you submit them to Jmickle's website for hosting.

Important!
Please note that one of the themes generated will be flagged as eccentric (designated in the map list - a cute little cylinder!). This means that it uses a unique set of words and phrases that don't appear in the regular, non-flagged generator. These words are "not useful, but funny." If you are (un)fortunate enough to have selected one of these chambers, then you'd better hustle up! Good luck!

>> /idgames Link <<

Map01 - The Emerald Farmhouse (gaspe)
Map02 - Keep of the Valley of the Shadow of Death (Impie)
Map03 - The Mass for the Fallen (DoomLover234)
Map04 - A Cyst in Coldness (NoisyVelvet)
Map05 - Infectious Deceptious (Doomkid)
Map06 - Streetlight Manifesto (joe-ilya)
Map07 - All Aboard The Soupship: Quest for the Golden Ladle (Surreily)
Map08 - Kevin Spacey's Lunartech Dojo Puppet Show (Jimmy)
Map09 - A Hellish Train (Rayzik)
Map10 - Cretaceous Cogs (Pinchy)
Map11 - Rise of the Floating Triad (AnonimVio)

Whoops, I forgot to add that your maps should be balanced for cooperative play, as well as outfitted with the different skill settings. This means that you'll be required to add multiplayer things, oh my!

@CWolfRu: Custom textures of your choice, and up to 2 custom decoration sprites. Music is obviously up to you, as well. Be sure to cite your sources when you link your map.

Alfonzo said:

Whoops, I forgot to add that your maps should be balanced for cooperative play, as well as outfitted with the different skill settings. This means that you'll be required to add multiplayer things, oh my!

Phhhhhhhhft, easy.

Alfonzo said:

@CWolfRu: Custom textures of your choice, and up to 2 custom decoration sprites. Music is obviously up to you, as well. Be sure to cite your sources when you link your map.

Alright. Thanks.
... wait, what about palette?

This was fun last time so if i can find time in the next couple of weeks i'll make a map... slot 5 please.

Load me up : >
Gun 2 slot 2.

If you add a third gun, gun 3 slot 2.

Sorry, I guess I should have specified: only MIDI music can be used! I've no major beef with using higher quality formats as Doom BGM but as part of a community project where it's mostly MIDI stuff, they tend not to gel well.

No custom palettes either, just quietly.

Your map is going to be one in a compilation of maps, so whatever changes you make to the resources with DeHackEd would likely also impact other peoples' work. Hence, no DeHackEd.