Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unerxai

UNX01 [noob map]

Just a bizarre post.

Like, who gives a shit? I wanted to pistol the imps (health was way more important than the ammo), and I wanted to shotgun the demons (wasn't in a position to 'zerk them once on the steps). And where did I say I didn't like the changes? Absolutely bizarre assumptions on your part. I've never seen someone criticize another person's demo play in a thread where THEY requested feedback and someone bothered to invest time playing THEIR map. If someone doesn't play a map exactly the way you wanted them to, boo fucking hoo.

Well that was interesting, it took a couple attempts to finish. That inescapable nukage pit is a shame, and that balancing act across that thin walkway is a little annoying, but good use of the Chaingunner turret. I do enjoy the transitions between the inside and outside areas. And that lost soul trap is evil! PrBoom-Plus FDA

rdwpa said:

Just a bizarre post.

Like, who gives a shit? I wanted to pistol the imps (health was way more important than the ammo), and I wanted to shotgun the demons (wasn't in a position to 'zerk them once on the steps). And where did I say I didn't like the changes? Absolutely bizarre assumptions on your part. I've never seen someone criticize another person's demo play in a thread where THEY requested feedback and someone bothered to invest time playing THEIR map. If someone doesn't play a map exactly the way you wanted them to, boo fucking hoo.

I wasn't criticizing your demo, you're the one assuming that. I just said I wouldn't pistol imps when I can berserk punch them because it's boring to me. If that's your play style that's fine.

Like I said whether you liked it or not I'm ok. Some people liked it and some didn't. That's good enough for me. I'm not gonna create drama over it. Lol.

beast said:

Well that was interesting, it took a couple attempts to finish. That inescapable nukage pit is a shame, and that balancing act across that thin walkway is a little annoying, but good use of the Chaingunner turret. I do enjoy the transitions between the inside and outside areas. And that lost soul trap is evil! PrBoom-Plus FDA

The Chasm is my favorite map in Doom 2. :)

Thanks for the demo mate.

Nice short map. Design is kind of plain but the gameplay makes up for it I think. Lost Soul trap room was nice. I didn't even consider that it wasn't part of the progression, I just saw the Soul Sphere and said hot damn.

All I can offer is to recommending practicing more interesting room design.

U.O.D. said:

Nice short map. Design is kind of plain but the gameplay makes up for it I think. Lost Soul trap room was nice. I didn't even consider that it wasn't part of the progression, I just saw the Soul Sphere and said hot damn.

All I can offer is to recommending practicing more interesting room design.

Yeah I'll put more effort into the architecture next time. For this one I wanted to keep it simple.