Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FDA. I didn't like how there were many 1-on-1 fights against Hell Knights or Barons which were optionally triggered by the player but didn't even provide enough reward to compensate the wasted ammo or health for doing so. The progression logic was also quite simple and encouraging camping at doors until you kill everything and then proceed safely, no real danger was taking place then, nor did any excitement. Nearly all monsters were cannon fodders rather than posing challenge, the Demons and the optional Knights/Barons being particularly obviously pointless. The color scheme was also quite bland, and most of the map took place on a relatively flat ground, which didn't help to make the map any interesting. And the secrets were easy, probably a bit too much. General aesthetic and architecture were OK, though. Kind of an average map at best, I'd say.

Pretty much agreed with what's written here, a good map but nothing that stands out. Tight ammo at the start doesn't really make it a challenge, it just means you need to run from some monsters at the start, there's enough space that it doesn't matter much if you kill them or not.

I felt similar to scifista42, particularly about the compensation for triggering Hell Knights. Additionally I feel you gave the player light amplification too late after it was useful and the overall wide open spaces made it feel a bit simplistic. I liked the look and feel but I think the gameplay felt a bit all over the place. Ammo was also too scarce for the quantity of tanky monsters from the get go IMO.

Yeah I'd suggest adding some of the bullet boxes from the later sections to the HK cubbies (and removing some), changing many of the HKs in those cubbies to lower-tier monsters, and changing any barons to pairs of revenants (or something), changing the cacos/HKs in the first reveal post-HK-area to a fodder horde, and changing all the pinkies to shotgunners/chaingunners or something.

one attempt (0 deaths) | time 11:46

I enjoyed this. I must admit I found the ending, where only a small flock of demons emerged from the exit tunnel, to be a little underwhelming, but the rest was fine. Made a nice change from sequences of scripted encounters. ;)