Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doommer

Urban Brawl Maps Help Request

DMGUYDZ64 said:

use the Chainsaw to break/unlock the door of the deep freezer outside , Hugo is inside .

I destroyed the woods there by chainsaw , but i cannot go in ...

What is the tactic ?

Also ,

Bug reports :

1. I found HOMs in the spooky house level :

The Secret Place which contains a gasoline ammo :

2. Using cheat code GIVE ACTIONCHAINSAW doesn't work...
After using SUMMON ACTIONCHAINSAW and dropping my fists (yeah , ActionFist)
Some times it picks up the chainsaw...

HOMs are expected, It was already said in IDGames .
Also you need to press use on door after you break wood .
And to make ACTIONCHAINSAW Work, you need gasoline .... Eh
Give "gasoline" :v .

The Doommer said:

and dropping my fists (yeah ....

lol yeah , you're not supposed to use the drop key, use the melee drop key instead (which is by default Z), i fixed that in my UBMP Mod .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

you're not supposed to use the drop key, use the melee drop key instead (which is by default Z), i fixed that in my UBMP Mod .

What is the title of that in the Customize Controls part ?
Z had no effect...

The idea behind the endings makes a little more sense if you view each one as an independent story without thinking about the other "timelines".

The idea was; if you can get to the Phylex building quickly, without tipping off the boss (The mob boss' erroneous tip) your daughter is happy to see you and will help you in her rescue.

The idea behind the ending where she shoots you; you lost the subway battle and over the course of months you recovered and tracked her down. She had, by this time, already developed a growing relationship with her biological father who gave her everything she wanted, so she wanted nothing to do with her old life.

In the jail ending, the mob boss has tipped him off so your daughter is nowhere to be found when you arrive... and what the hell else would happen to a guy who murders dozens of security personnel on his way to the CEO? Go directly to jail.

The other "good" ending, where you start a new family, was the idea that you don't really know enough "facts" to find your daughter, but your search leads you to believe she was killed at the farm so he tries to start a new life with someone else who suffered the same tragedy.

There was going to be a secret ending where, if the player used the traincar by the farm, he would leave all his problems behind and become a traveling hobo. It seemed too stupid, so I left it out.

Scuba Steve said:

The idea behind the endings makes a little more sense if you view each one as an independent story without thinking about the other "timelines".

The idea was; if you can get to the Phylex building quickly, without tipping off the boss (The mob boss' erroneous tip) your daughter is happy to see you and will help you in her rescue.

The idea behind the ending where she shoots you; you lost the subway battle and over the course of months you recovered and tracked her down. She had, by this time, already developed a growing relationship with her biological father who gave her everything she wanted, so she wanted nothing to do with her old life.

In the jail ending, the mob boss has tipped him off so your daughter is nowhere to be found when you arrive... and what the hell else would happen to a guy who murders dozens of security personnel on his way to the CEO? Go directly to jail.

The other "good" ending, where you start a new family, was the idea that you don't really know enough "facts" to find your daughter, but your search leads you to believe she was killed at the farm so he tries to start a new life with someone else who suffered the same tragedy.

There was going to be a secret ending where, if the player used the traincar by the farm, he would leave all his problems behind and become a traveling hobo. It seemed too stupid, so I left it out.

First :

Thank you and your team for one of the best Doom engine games i have ever played.

Second :

Thanks for telling me why those endings were around...

But...

I'm asking that if he had suicided in the hospital and died , then what just happens ten years later ? He can't just exit his grave and join the military and go to where the UAC Site 4 is and try to find out the problem...

Also , in the Mary ending looks like he is still thinking what happened to his daughter... (No sign of his idea about his daughter was killed in the farm...)

And , The mob boss tipps off the CEO but when taking the taxi ,
But why he don't report the CEO when you go to subway without hurting the car ?

He thinks that you won't find any lead ?

You're thinking about the "prequel" idea too seriously. You have to take each timeline as an independent event. Also, don't think too hard about the endings :P

you know, it never occurred to me that the protagonist would have had to recover for months after being beat up in the subway until you spelled it out for me. i always thought he just shrugged it off for a few days, since he's a Video-Game Protagonist, and that the head of the Phylex Corp. just was so great a smooth-talker he had convinced your daughter that you were the bad guy all along. :P

Scuba Steve said:

You're thinking about the "prequel" idea too seriously. You have to take each timeline as an independent event. Also, don't think too hard about the endings :P

I know they are independent , but also to the sequel ?

Doomhuntress said:

you know, it never occurred to me that the protagonist would have had to recover for months after being beat up in the subway until you spelled it out for me. i always thought he just shrugged it off for a few days, since he's a Video-Game Protagonist, and that the head of the Phylex Corp. just was so great a smooth-talker he had convinced your daughter that you were the bad guy all along. :P

I saw the subtitles again , it was Two weeks later.

Scuba Steve said:

Did I really write two weeks? Oops. It probably still works at that time difference.

I thing the sound was the same with the subtitle... (not sure)