Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aniket161200

hell returns!!!!!!!!!!

So, what kind of WAD is this? Can you show some screenshots? Can you tell some info?

No information of that kind leads to no download for me. I don't want to waste time out of my life downloading what could potentially not be a WAD for me.

Frisky said:

So, what kind of WAD is this? Can you show some screenshots? Can you tell some info?

No information of that kind leads to no download for me. I don't want to waste time out of my life downloading what could potentially not be a WAD for me.

Screenshot are there, but links looks broken...

These maps are not really playable. It was just way too easy to get stuck and the over all progression is really confusing (think walk up waterfalls confusing).

Visually there are some nice things (I liked the scrolling planet in map01) but a lot times there is this garish use colors.

Enemy encounters are fairly basic with good dose of r667 hp bloated monsters.

There is a lot things that need fixing (and I can't be bothered to list them all) and I think you should try something simple before you do a big project like this.

pics:
http://imgur.com/a/qBNmw

illuknisaa said:

These maps are not really playable. It was just way too easy to get stuck and the over all progression is really confusing (think walk up waterfalls confusing).

Visually there are some nice things (I liked the scrolling planet in map01) but a lot times there is this garish use colors.

Enemy encounters are fairly basic with good dose of r667 hp bloated monsters.

There is a lot things that need fixing (and I can't be bothered to list them all) and I think you should try something simple before you do a big project like this.

pics:
http://imgur.com/a/qBNmw

Illuknisaa is pretty much spot on here. While some of the texture work was alright, there are points where they are very vague. For example, there are doors that look exactly the same as the walls around them, forcing the player to use automap to leave the room. There are several cases of 'pick the right one or you die' in map 3, such as the four teleports (which are broken, I might add. You have to back into 3 of them in order to get it to work). For the love of God, take out those Time Imps. I thought something was wrong with myncomputer.

After getting the yellow skull on map 2, there was no means of getting out of that little trench, forcing me to use idclip. If a player can get to an item, they should be able to progress from then on.

EDIT: if you kept the levels in the theme of map 1, this would be nice, but everything after just feels like a mess. Also, there is no background music in maps 2 or 3. If there was ambient sound instead that would be alright, but silence doens't heighten the mood, only kill it.

aniket161200, I attempted this and can only agree with the above comments. I think your fundamental problem is not testing your WAD before releasing it.

Play your WAD and ask yourself, was it possible? was it fun?

aniket161200 said:

hey guys this was my first wad i tried my best but thx if u like something. plss help me more how to improve it

The biggest is issue you need to work on is playabity of your maps. If the player can't complete your map then it's really bad. This takes priority over everything else.

Because you have so many maps (full zdoom megawad is pretty crazy) I would suggest:

1. you pick 3 maps that you think are the best and link their exit switches together (so after you complete one map you proceed to the next even if players need to skip few maps from the original wad).

2. Make sure you can complete the maps using pistol start. Do edits to maps if needed (eg. if the map is too hard then just slap few more weapons and health at the start, it doesn't have to look pretty). Also mention on what difficulty it is playable.

3. Upload the edited wad here.

If you do this I can give better and more precise criticism on each map which you can then apply on other maps.

one thing more my gzdoom is not working properly any suggestions. therefore when i uploaded it i cant test it properly.it freezes after startup i have tried every version but no good. and sorry i cant test it becoz i was out and came back and uploded it.Also can it be a good wad

aniket161200 said:

what do u mean?

No one is gonna finish your maps and send it to you here. You must do it by yourself and trying to impress community by cool design and nice gameplay.

aniket161200 said:

one thing more my gzdoom is not working properly any suggestions. therefore when i uploaded it i cant test it properly.it freezes after startup i have tried every version but no good. and sorry i cant test it becoz i was out and came back and uploded it.

What error message you get?
Have you installed gzdoom correctly?
Is your pc better than a toaster?
Have you put a bug report at gzdoom forum?

see it was working properly til i went out.but now it just freezes.......on startup
and my pc specs
5th gen i5
nvidia 780
and 8 gb ram

I dont wanna punch on a guy who is already on the floor :/

i think you already understood your problems...

dont overdo it with coustom things and try to make a "clear" level design :)

also im not realy a friend of cutscenes in doom but that can be my problem

hope you understand me :P

thx guys for all your advice i'll try my best to improve my wad and upload it as soon as possible ok and hell gonna strike back..................
and plsss play it.

aniket161200 said:

guys should i remove many custom things

I'd recommend seeing what you can do with stock assets aka no custom stuff before you start making your own assets. Limitation breeds creativity.