Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Mayhem '16: Juneheim [Map compilation updated October 1st]

kuchitsu said:

Will theer be custom sky textures? Can we use sky transfers?

Yes and yes. You can even suggest skies of your own and i'll likely add em unless they're garbage or something

160 slot maps arent reservable, current plan is you just make a map and I'll place them wherever is room.

Ok so it looks like i'll need to add more dark browns fucking quake and also maybe replace most or the entirety of doom's blues which i was avoiding but might not have a choice. We'll see.

I know it's high time we stopped deliberating on the rules for this year's instalment, but the ratio of x10 to 160 entries is looking more than a bit lopsided assuming even two thirds of participants come up with something playable. In the interest of gimmick equality, perhaps we could select the best 15 x10 maps from contributors (half of the set, discounting the secret slots) and then consider replacing the remaining contributions with '160' maps if they are inferior?

Plainly, this is so that I can sneak in with a late 160 entry :)

Marcaek said:

Ok so it looks like i'll need to add more dark browns fucking quake and also maybe replace most or the entirety of doom's blues which i was avoiding but might not have a choice. We'll see.

256 shades of brown oh no :( shame too since the blue shades are already pretty limited

Alfonzo said:

I know it's high time we stopped deliberating on the rules for this year's instalment, but the ratio of x10 to 160 entries is looking more than a bit lopsided assuming even two thirds of participants come up with something playable. In the interest of gimmick equality, perhaps we could select the best 15 x10 maps from contributors (half of the set, discounting the secret slots) and then consider replacing the remaining contributions with '160' maps if they are inferior?

Plainly, this is so that I can sneak in with a late 160 entry :)

I like this idea, but I don't want anyone thinking they'd get the boot for being JUST not a+ cacoward winner material enough. If this Mayhem manages to get over 32 maps I'll make a separate episode + mapinfo entries so that the other maps arent left out in either case.

So, if it sits okay with you guys, I'll like to use this Mechadon made sky (I already obtained permission from him) in my map.

Sure.

Also:

TheNerdTurtle2 said:

*sigh* it's fine, I posted way before reservations were done. At least I thought but I'll get over it

You can still make a map, but it will have to be a 160 things map as those aren't restricted to mapslots. A couple of people got missed or refused slots but at this point I need to keep (more like regain) a balance.

Started my Mayhem map (160 things), i'm doing something different for once.

Interesting screenies everyone. My map's seen far less progress than one would desire.

Can I ask what sky will be used to replace the Episode 3 sky? I'd rather not have to do sky transfers all over the place if I can help it!

Bump:

The last shot in particular is very WIP and as such is likely to change (as well as have all those texture alignments fixed up!)

Seems like I'm the slowest mapper around.

No lighting, monsters or other stuff. Just architecture.

Haven't really done much, just posting this to let everyone know that I'm making something for this.

Central tower is done... might be biting off more than I can chew, but I'm gonna keep at it. I'll throw up another map update when I feel I've made good progress with the other lotus pedals.

How do I use the Quake resources correctly? Some of them looks completely broken. I apologize if I sound newbie but I never actually used those textured before.

SFoZ911 said:

How do I use the Quake resources correctly? Some of them looks completely broken. I apologize if I sound newbie but I never actually used those textured before.

Urthar fixed it up so I'll prob replace the current Quake stuff with his, although I'm experimenting with how to squeeze the purples back in somehow first.