Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Killer5

wads that complete the map11 demo in doom 2 menu

I am not sure where this post belongs but I am curious..

Has anyone ever tried to make wads that complete the demos during the doom 2 menu screen? I guess just replace map11 and let it run?

Would be interesting to see if there are some ridiculous scenarios for it to complete.

hah, that would be some next-level TAS stuff there. with every minute map alteration futzing the RNG I have a hard time imagining those demos completing anything other than some cute nomo acrobatics or just a 64x64 room lined with exit switches :p

Sick. ty for the info Memfis.

Well if there aren't any wads.. should have a contest to see who can make the most elegant acrobatic wad! =)

Ribbiks confirmed cute acrobatics!

spent a couple hours last night making square rooms filled with different random combinations of stuff.. can reliably put icon of sin where the player will shoot and any map will be completed. nobody will be interested in seeing my square rooms full of ios sprites and wall to wall bfg ammo tho so il save myself the bother of posting them up :P

bemused said:

spent a couple hours last night making square rooms filled with different random combinations of stuff.. can reliably put icon of sin where the player will shoot and any map will be completed. nobody will be interested in seeing my square rooms full of ios sprites and wall to wall bfg ammo tho so il save myself the bother of posting them up :P

I would be interested to see what you came up with Bemused.

This sounds like an interesting idea. I remember as a kid watching that demo and being super confused when it would desync on different maps. I'm not going to make maps myself, but it would be cool to see someone do.

i mean, its literally a square box with a player 1 start, a bfg and an icon of sin in it.. i didnt go into too much detail trying it out :)