Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R1ck

Does Oblige generated map worth sharing?

ATTN: MOD. I'm not sure which section that I should post this thread to therefore I'm sorry

One day I'm playing an Oblige generated megawad just for taking its inspiration to my map that I currently working on. As the level progress (until at least map 20 or so) it became harder. Like 4 Archvilles placed side to side by each other made me think is it worth sharing it here.

PS: I'm kinda high so some of my english might messed up. Sorry.

I'm interested.

Post a link to this megawad. Is it made by the new Oblige 7.5? If so, I'm guessing it'll be good enough.

Get the seed number and share that so people can generate the same on themselves.

Voros said:

Is it made by the new Oblige 7.5? If so, I'm guessing it'll be good enough.

I'm new to this oblige thing to be frank. So I don't really know should I copy the whole .txt file. But here's the seed number:

Spoiler

And yes, it's 7.5 I just downloaded it like last week.

Xaser said:

A general "Share Cool Oblige Seeds" thread seems like a thing worth having.

I second this, it would be very interesting.

That and sharing the contents of OBLIGDAT lump inside the WAD file would also be useful.

Using OBLIGE's built-in config manager (F9 key) should be easier than using another program to extract the OBLIGDAT lump. The "Copy" button will send the whole config to the clipboard, allowing you to paste the contents into a forum post.

The part that OBLIGE makes hard atm is the seed number -- it must be manually set after loading a configuration. I am thinking about how to make sharing a seed+config easier, but the next release with such a feature could be months away.

Just share the damn wads, it's easier and faster than having to open Oblige, generate crap and wonder if you did it correctly. I don't even have Oblige.

Memfis said:

Just share the damn wads, it's easier and faster than having to open Oblige, generate crap and wonder if you did it correctly. I don't even have Oblige.

Well The time I posted this thread I've prepared prepared the wad file just in case.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9v09c58e7uhes1p/ayylmao.wad

I'm bad at naming stuff and that's the only thing came cross my mind.
Oh, before I forget, it's doom 2 based so use Doom2 iwad

Voros said:

Holy crap, 16 MB? What's in it?

16 MB is nothing for Oblige wads.

I have one that's insanely difficult and it's at 75 MB.

Edit: It's like Nuts on every level. Uploading to to dropbox currently.. Wise to post it into this thread, or would that derail it?

Preliatus said:

I have one that's insanely difficult and it's at 75 MB.

Edit: It's like Nuts on every level. Uploading to to dropbox currently.. Wise to post it into this thread, or would that derail it?

I'm down with Xaser's idea. I'm only post this thread for ask if it's worth.

Using mega.nz, Dropbox and Mediafire is ideal for this sort of thing.

I'm really enjoying The Great Spider Invasion, the latest full Doom 2 wad I generated with OBLIGE. If anyone is interested in it, I'll try and get my Dropbox credentials and post a download link.

Awesome, hope you enjoy it, here's the file:

The Great Spider Invasion

By the way, I know it's not really a big thing here, but I've tested it with BD and found that it's well balanced for it. I can't vouch for how it'll play on a regular source port in terms of gameplay.

For those who are curious about the name and gimmick of the wad, it's related to that old corny movie that was filmed in my hometown of Merrill, WI. And yes, that's the Skipper, Alan Hale starring.

MST3K Giant Spider Invasion

No problem! Let me know what you think. I'm curious if I'm crazy to be moderately impressed by the map set. Do note that it gets so little crazy after map04.

Job said:

Awesome, hope you enjoy it, here's the file:

The Great Spider Invasion

By the way, I know it's not really a big thing here, but I've tested it with BD and found that it's well balanced for it. I can't vouch for how it'll play on a regular source port in terms of gameplay.

For those who are curious about the name and gimmick of the wad, it's related to that old corny movie that was filmed in my hometown of Merrill, WI. And yes, that's the Skipper, Alan Hale starring.

MST3K Giant Spider Invasion

Just finished the first map of this and holy fucking hell, literally knee deep in the dead :D

Its titlepic says "The Morbid Underworld" though!

Glad you tried it and (presumably) liked it! It's definitely hot and heavy gameplay, usually featuring over 500 monsters on average difficulty. But they're usually well-placed and I found the degree of interconnectedness really impressive at times.

Sorry about any confusion with the title pic. Although I named the wad upon generation, I forgot to uncheck the "generate title pic" option. Still, the one I got was pretty hilarious. :)

well well , I am trying the first level and I like it! but too many monster for me(over 500...) !! I don't have so much free time...

I have some fun Oblige maps

http://www.mediafire.com/file/84ngfa0d8jgy2rh/Obliged+doom.wad

and

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5evfy2p9rlz95hc/Oblige+doom+2.wad

Oblige doom is for doom 1

oblige doom 2 is for doom 2

and a full wad with maxed settings

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4th8lbry3hcd3n7/Heaps.wad

and a obhack version

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5m9lsh08sqsujdt/Obhack.wad

Voros said:

I'm interested.

Post a link to this megawad. Is it made by the new Oblige 7.5? If so, I'm guessing it'll be good enough.

I think oblige 0.97 is better at making fun maps but they look very bad compared to oblige 7.50 maps