Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadowman

The Inquisitor 3d

You need to search carefully for climbable walls. One of them will let you jump into a small gated in area, then climb up some more walls, hop on top of a mausoleum, then onto the small cliffs lining the cemetery, then onto another mausoleum, and from there onto the Old Church's roof... if I'm remembering correctly. The area you are looking for is very close to the church. Stand at the Old Church's door facing out toward the cemetery and go slightly rightward. It can be done! I got stuck there too for a while.

Played about an hour of this, did some errands around Tristam, quick question -- am I supposed to have the crossbow yet? The guard by the gate is saying to make sure I have some ammo, so I'm guessing that I am supposed to have one, but I haven't found it.

It's actually unmissable, but you have quite a bit more to go before you get it.
That would be one of my more significant complaints I guess. Depending on your build (if you are going for the primary strength and dexterity build), you can spend quite some time with sword only. And the amount of fighting you do before you reach the crossbow isn't exactly insignificant nor is it all easy, so that basic melee combat can become repetitive.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I do agree that the amount of pure-melee time is somewhat excessive; I managed to get the doors to the Cathedral open, but while fighting those damn Vulgar Leaders and Vulgar Shamans, I kept thinking "damn, there's no way they want me to fight these bastards with just the sword"... guess I was wrong!

Particularly annoying, since my highest stat is an 11 in Dex, going almost totally unused :(

@ Cynical. I don't think the melee is that excessive. You need to increase your strength in the beginning if it's taking a lot of hits to kill things. This isn't Doom anymore, it's an action rpg and you need to treat it as such.

GRB, I'm aware of how the game's stat system works, and that increasing STR increases melee damage (and, yes, I have raised my STR stat now, multiple times). I just think it's kinda lame that if you roll a character whose highest stat is DEX, your best stat is useless for at least the first five hours. Action-RPGs are one of my pet genres, and I've never seen a well-regarded one have such a glaring "useless stat" issue.

I just think it's kinda lame that if you roll a character whose highest stat is DEX, your best stat is useless for at least the first five hours.

Dex improves not only the damage from crossbow attacks (and probability for critical shots), but also the probability to dodge in close combat.

Ah, didn't know that! It's not listed at the fountain in the English version (or if it did, I at least didn't understand it), so I figured it wasn't doing anything for me, heh.

Playing a bit further, and I'm completely stuck. I lit the 36 torches in the cathedral, and killed the boss, but the next room as three torches that it says I need a special item for. My first thought is that it wanted me to use the holy oil, but it apparently took that out of my inventory when I lit the last torch. I have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to do here.

EDIT: Nevermind, got past there. Semi-bug report, but that dead king dude really doesn't like to talk. I had to try a shitload of times before I could get the dialog to actually happen.

I'm stuck too. I'm in the catacombs now and I found the skeleton key, but I have no idea where to go after that.

Explore the large cruciform hall with columns. There are 4 grates - 2 of them require keys - the skeleton key and the frozen key. (Frozen key is required also for a door located in a long corridor leading to this Hall).
You must open all of the grates in the Hall and perform necessary actions there.

General Rainbow Bacon
You need to find a frozen key. And a teleport leading to the locked grate to the north.
Are you fully explored the northeastern part of the level?
Levers behind grates are parts of the task, but they also give an increase in your attributes (compare your stats until you press the lever and after).

I just started to play it, it's amazing! After all the time...

Hexen should have been somewhat like this, not a rpg-looking doom..

I finished the game, all the story, levels was the best i've seen in a long time.

My only problem was it was really hard. I play harcore minecraft, played doom on nightmare, most of fps games on hardest setting. Nothing ever was as hard for me as this. I started it on skill 2 for the first time, then restarted at 1 (2nd of 5). This started to raise in the mines, and it just got harder - castle was the worst with the constant fps-drops. Sometimes i had to load a  savegame ~50 times to get in a single room... Is it possible if the new gzdoom-engine made it harder? Did anyone else notice this? Did anyone finish it on max?

Edited by csiga77 : typo and new events

"The Inquisitor III" now is upgraded to "The Inquisitor 3d"!
The wad has been significantly improved in 2017–2018. I express my deep gratitude to Guest for the idea of improving the WAD and the work (especially on creating 3D models) that he has done for this.
The main changes are:
- many sprite objects were replaced by 3d models;
- the visual effects of 'Hellfire' and 'Flame Rain' spells;
- a new 'Homing Arrow' spell;
- new shops;
- the requirements for learning a number of spells and wearing armor;
- the ability to use mana cubes and Crater of Might by pressing the 'Reload' key (if the selected weapon takes mana);
- dialogue system (graphics and settings);
- additional menu for language selection and displaying markers on maps;
- information about quest items and keys has been added to the quest journal;
- method of using artifacts and taking ammo;
- parameters of some monsters (resistance to different types of damage, health, etc.)
- map 03 has been divided into two maps (03 and 12);
- fixed some bugs.

By default, J button - quest journal, P - shows hero's characteristics, M - opens menu with defensive spells, T - casts chosen defensive spell.
 You can customize hotkeys for 6 most important things in your inventory (healing potions and items that do damage to the monsters). Mana cubes and Crater of Might can be used by 'Reload' key. In control menu you can choose the language (English/Russian) and set markers on maps to be 'on'/'off'.

Command line for playing the game is:
gzdoom.exe -file inq3res.pk3 inqstr3d.wad

several new screens:

http://darkwatcher.freevar.com/DoomWads/GZDoom/InquisitorIII/Inq3-01.png

http://darkwatcher.freevar.com/DoomWads/GZDoom/InquisitorIII/Inq3-04.png

http://darkwatcher.freevar.com/DoomWads/GZDoom/InquisitorIII/Inq3-05.png

Download The Inquisitor 3d from Yandex-disk

Alternative link:
Download from file-up.org

This looks really great actually?! Especially the three new screenshot. I gotta try this out..