Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wildweasel

BUG: Cancelling "Do You Want To Save Entry" Dialog

When presented with the "Do you want to save changes to this entry (SPRTA0)?" dialog box, pressing Cancel stops the preview window from doing anything unless View Raw Data is turned on. Turning View Raw Data brings the problem back, and the only solution is to restart XWE.

I'm sorry, what are you doing exactly? Could you break it down step by step? Pressing Cancel should take you back to the last selected (currently viewed) lump without making any changes. If you don't want to save your changes, click No.

Okay, to be more specific:

* Take a sprite
* Color remap it
* Perform the remap with the keys Alt, I, then P
* Click on another entry
* Press Escape to back out of the dialog

Then the problem clearly exhibits itself. Closing the WAD file or XWE will bring the dialog box back and allow you to reconsider your decision and press Yes or No instead of Cancel.

Hmm, I still don't get it, or can't reproduce whatever happens on your computer. When I do what you have described, pressing ESC behaves the same as clicking the cancel button - anyway, I'm back on the color re-mapped sprite, and no changes are made. As soon as I click another entry, I get the dialog again.

Hmm, it might have something more to do with the Edit mode...try these revised instructions instead...

* Take a sprite
* Double-click the sprite to go into Edit mode
* Open the color remap box and change a few colors
* Perform the remap with the keys Alt, I, then P
* Click on another entry
* Press Escape to back out of the dialog

I still could not get it the way you described, but if I click the list while an entry is modified (so it's not tied to Edit mode or color remap), and move around with the cursor, XWE does get 'confused', and won't ask you the modified question. Weird bug. I'm looking into it.