Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pika132

In which XWE royally fucks my files the fuck up

So whenever I try to import things from other files via copy and paste, it works for a while. Then suddenly images get converted to raw hex and don't work, while the content of sound files is deleted and doesn't play. Furthermore, using the latest version of DDFinWAD with XWE open on that wad reveals that not all the DDF shit is transfered. So basically, my first post here is asking: God dammit, Csabo, why do you and your editor suck so hard?

TheDarkArchon said:

Charming!

Yes, I know. I was really pissed when I wrote that as the images were a pain to find and integrate. Oh well, nothing that can't be redone I suppose.

TheDarkArchon also said:

What version are you using?

The one dated 11/15/04.

You may want to get the latest beta (the thread is around here somewhere) - it's dated 3/30/05.

Pika132 said:

So basically, my first post here is asking: God dammit, Csabo, why do you and your editor suck so hard?

I don't know.

Csabo said:

I don't know.

It's probably related to the double-consonant in your name. Those usually are indicative of people who suck pretty hard.

Pika132 said:

Furthermore, using the latest version of DDFinWAD with XWE open on that wad reveals that not all the DDF shit is transfered.

Two things:

1) It's not a good idea to try and edit the same wad, at the same time, with two different tools that modify wads. At least that's what I gather you were doing from what you have said above.

2) Not all the DDF "shit" appears because the version of DDFinWAD you were using does not take into account the new DDF files(Images,Fonts,Styles) About two hours ago a new version of DDFinWAD has been released which DOES take into account the new DDFs.

Csabo said:

I don't know.

I think it might be that your lung capacity is greater than most other peoples, so you can generate more of a avacuum effect: not sure about XWE though, I mean how can a program disturb air? :)

Yeah, I like how XWE generates a backup like every time I do the slightest unnoticable thing so that I can't restore the wad if something goes wrong (which hasn't happened to me yet).

Lobo said:

1) It's not a good idea to try and edit the same wad, at the same time, with two different tools that modify wads. At least that's what I gather you were doing from what you have said above.

DDFinWAD is a program that compiles the DDF files in a given directory into a given wad. That may or may not be different than what you said.

Lobo also said:

2) Not all the DDF "shit" appears because the version of DDFinWAD you were using does not take into account the new DDF files(Images,Fonts,Styles) About two hours ago a new version of DDFinWAD has been released which DOES take into account the new DDFs.

No, I meant that not all the contents of the file arrive in one piece.

Lobo also also said:

I think it might be that your lung capacity is greater than most other peoples, so you can generate more of a avacuum effect: not sure about XWE though, I mean how can a program disturb air? :)

heh

Use3d, not Lobo, said:

duh backups

Words to the wise, indeed. But let me ask you this: do I look wise to you?

Pika132 said:

Lobo said:
DDFinWAD is a program that compiles the DDF files in a given directory into a given wad. That may or may not be different than what you said.

No, I meant that not all the contents of the file arrive in one piece.

They're not supposed to be in one lump, anyway

Ergh. What happens when I use DDFinWAD is that a DDF file that looks like this:

[WEAPON]
BLAH BLAH
DAMAGE=637127
STUFFAGE
PICTURE GOTTEN
would become something like this:
E GOTTEN
BLAH BLAH
DAMAGE=637127
STUFFAGE