Doom COMIC WAD is inspired by the (surprise!) Comic book created in 1996. The level attempts to vaguely recreate the progression of events seen in the insane comic with vanilla Doom content. Meaning there's no additional scripting at work. Just Good ol' Doom.
  About the WAD:   If i'm totally honest there are two locations that could have used more work, and I probably made the map a little too easy with generous helpings of weapons and ammo. Though, that might also be due to the fact that it's trying to replicate the events of the comic, which weren't exactly stacked against the Doom Marine later in the story.   It's definitely nowhere near the glory of modern maps, but for my first effort i'm still pretty pleased with how it came out, and I definitely learned a lot.   I created this a couple years ago now and gave it a slight revamp before uploading it over on ModDb.   Anyway, I hope that it brings at least a couple players five or ten minutes of fun!
Download link: http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/downloads/comic   Instructions: Simply drop this into your main Doom directory and run with your Source port of choice. This was tested and built with Zdoom.
  ^ Video uses Ketchup Doom and Smooth Doom, not included with the WAD. :)