RUDE 3.1.0 pre-release
------------------------  RUDE is a fork of Chocolate Doom 3.0.0 with some stuff from Crispy Doom.
 The name is some kind of play on words and stands for Romero's Ultimate Doom Engine and
 it's another tribute to John Romero. Easy to understand if you know my Romero's Heresy II
 project for Heretic. :)  It's a strong limit removing port aiming to fix game breaking bugs and prevent crashes while
 remaining faithful to the original executables. There are a few new gameplay features too.
 It's somewhere in the middle between Chocolate Doom and Crispy.
 Please refer to the Chocolate Doom documentation.    New features:
 -------------
 * Widescreen support both zoomed view and real wide (bits from Russian Doom and Crispy).
 * UI centering for widescreen (mostly taken from Crispy).  * Support for Unity IWADs with widescreen assets (SmileTheory).
 * Enable loading 16 bit RIFF wavs in .wads (SmileTheory).
 * Doom 1.0 and 1.1 emulation (SmileTheory).
 * Draw the player mugshot with max view.
 * Supports SIGIL (even multiplayer), E1M4b and E1M8b (Crispy).
 * Extended setup to support SIGIL and new features. Can warp to title.
 * There's a new 'Unholy massacre' skill level (-skill 6). :D Double monsters, lesser health pickups,
 zombiemen got a point blank attack, pistol with increased accuracy and damage, bumped minimum damage
 dealt for punch and you can eat gore when very low on health.
 * Replaced the Unholy Massacre title graphic. Thanks JNechaevsky!
 * Doom: remove SPECHIT limit (Crispy).  * Doom: entirely remove INTERCEPTS limit (fixes all-ghosts bug).
 * Heretic: entirely remove INTERCEPTS and SPECHIT limits (Crispy).
 * Got rid of supersized PNGs (Crispy).
 * Fixed backpacks from Marshmallow (idea and bits of code):
 * Players now can exchange supplies (default backpack key is 'x', default stimpack key is 'c').
 * Players drop backpacks with their inventory upon death, you can't drop another one until the
 previous one has been picked up tough. They work even in SP.  * Players can only pick up their own backpacks in coop.
 * Single player respawn.
 * Keep keys and no DM items in Coop options (Marshmallow).
 * Spawn double the monsters and take double damage options.
 * Classic mode with only Doom 1 monsters for slaughterfest maps and lame players, regular shotgun
 takes precedence. Now Wolf SS is not replaced.
 * Slow ISA VGA simulation (Trident 9000i).
 * New command line parameters for the above: backpack, nodmweapons, keepkeys, sprespawn, 2xmonsters,
 xpain, nod2monsters, isa, halfammo, doubleammo.
 * Extended demo format while keeping vanilla compatibility, use the -extended parameter to force it.
 * Doom 1.2 demo support (SmileTheory).  * Alternative fix for the demo desync accessing menus bug: disable some menus while recording demos
 instead of pausing the game at record and playback time.
 * Drag and Drop support (Crispy).
 * Resurrect cheat with IDDQD (Crispy, works differently here).
 * Support for extended nodes (Crispy).
 * Autorun key (Crispy).
 * The startup console is back and with colored title, works from the Windows command line
 (thanks JNechaevsky for hint on colors).
 * Fake splitscreen.
 * Added LCD gamma fix from Russian Doom using a darker palette by JNechaevsky.
 * New 'One thousand deaths await thee' skill level for Heretic. You take double damage, monsters
 got half hit points and half ammo for a more dynamic gameplay.
 * Removed limits for Heretic (Crispy).
 * Fixed boss level ending not triggered if every player is dead in multiplayer.
 * Fixed Doom II monster exclusion bug.
 * Fixed configuration not being saved for Heretic.
 * Support for Ogg, FLAC and MP3 music lumps (Crispy).
 * Don't load Boom maps by default, only with the -boom parameter.
 * Fixed crash with invalid blockmap (DWHEEL.WAD).  * Add FPS counter (AlexMax).
 * Always precache sounds (fabian, guarded with -noprecachesounds).
 * Display tally screen after ExM8 (Crispy).
 * Allow skipping the Doom finales.
 * Add the -noumskill parameter to prevent showing UM in the menu.
 * Many bugfixes from Crispy.

Have fun!  
 There's a windows build here: https://github.com/drfrag666/chocolate-doom/releases  The source is here: https://github.com/drfrag666/chocolate-doom/commits/master   Old original post follows:  Now i'll clarify that this is not your usual source port, it's some kind of re-engineered Crispy and it's about the magic of Git. I've done this in only a few days applying and refactoring Fabian's patches so this is mostly his work, it's like rewriting the history of Crispy. So yes this is Crispy's bastard son. Many times i followed commit history in reverse order since i wanted to minimize changes and preserve many vanilla bugs (also many Crispy features are not in) so i had to resolve a lot of serious conflicts. I'm pretty good at it so it should be fine but there are a few things i'm not completely sure.
 I didn't know what i needed to do to prevent the crashes so i had to do some research in Doomworld and Doomwiki.
 I had to apply the medusa fix or else there were crashes here and there but Medusa was not there, also i think i ever saw her only once and i've been playing since Doom came out.
 Also the SlopeDiv overflow fix or else massive redering errors on big maps. And fix other overflows of course.
 The wiggle (tall sectors) and wall wobble fixes are in as well to prevent crashes.
 Not fixed: HOMs, tutti-frutti, slime trails and most of the other game bugs.
 So in the end most of the merit is of fraggle and fabian and they must be credited for their great work here.
 Have fun! And i hope it won't crash. :)