Happy 25th Doom's anniversary!   I was working slowly on the original released Doom 3DO code, trying to improve the speed or adding new features, so I thought what's better than setting a deadline for first release before or right on the anniversary day :)   The speed up is at the moment only due to reducing rendering quality. But at least it's kinda playing better in the first few levels with floor textures off and halfing wall columns. I hope to manage to improve performance in future release. There are also additional fun gameplay options, oh and an implementation of the PSX firesky!   http://bugothecat.net/releases/3DO/optidoom/optidoom_main.html     p.s. Just to mention, I don't give an ISO on my site, but a zipfile with only the compiled executable and the 3DO tools necessary to extract all the files and folders from an actual Doom 3DO CD you own or an ISO, copy the new files, compile back the ISO and use the encrypt tool to make this runable on real 3DO. I hope it's not too much for anyone who wants to try it (the tools are easy and intuitive), I just decided to not hand in my site the full ISO but only the legit parts, free executable and the latest source code, just like the community is doing for PC ports. Maybe redundant for an old console that's not commercially viable, but I thought to be consistent. I don't mind if someone else makes an ISO and uploads at other places though.
  • Reputation Points