Something I've been wanting to do is organise regular speedmapping sessions and starting from November they are going to happen. The plan is to hold them the first weekend on every month (with coop/deathmatch/whatever sessions filling in the rest of the month, more on this later).
Events will be run through my discord server: The Hellforge   @Liberation is running the show (big thanks)   Rules (to be finalised) will be: - There will be a list of themes from which 2 will randomly chosen. Mappers can then chose 1 of these themes for their map. - 2 hours of mapping time - 15 minutes allowed before the start for resource gathering/planning - 15 minutes allowed after for testing/bugfixing - Any map format is allowed as long as it works in gzdoom - I will stream my speedmapping session and then play all maps on stream that have been submitted in the allotted time straight after the session has ended - If people can't make the official time then a speed map can be submitted within 24 hours of the end of the session. Maps submitted after this point will not be added to the compiled set. Maps that are have clearly taken more than 2 hours will not be accepted (generally using an honour system)
Schedules/theme lists will be posted here or maybe in individual threads linked here for each session.   Special thanks to @Insane_Gazebo for the awesome logo   Time to make maps of dubious quality in a state of extreme panic!