Beyond the scope for this project I'm afraid, but the code is always there to be forked if someone feels strongly enough about that. I'm trying to keep it as clean and well documented as possible so it's easy to dig in and mess around with the project.     PsyDoom is just a standalone binary/client and doesn't add any new levels or game data by itself. That said it will be eventually possible to play these via the GEC Master Edition disc, using PsyDoom.   I'm waiting to see what the final (or close to final?) layout of the ME disc is in the next beta, how passwords and episodes are handled etc. (now that we can encode ~250 levels in the password system, instead of ~60) before adding official support to PsyDoom. At the minute the GEC ME uses a bunch of different executables to split up the content but I suspect that will all be unified and housed under a single .exe now that @Erick194's reverse engineering work is complete.   In the meantime however it is actually possible to play levels from the GEC ME by following the following procedure: (1) Extract the contents of the GEC ME disk using a tool like jPSXDec. (2) Place the extracted levels you want in some folder (the MAP__.WAD/ROM, MAPSPR__.IMG and MAPTEX__.IMG files). (3) Make sure you are using the appropriate base game for those maps with your 'Doom.cue' file. You must use Final Doom with Final Doom format maps and Doom with original PSX Doom format maps. (4) Launch PsyDoom with the following commandline argument, pointing to the folder you placed the maps in: PsyDoom.exe -datadir "<PATH_TO_MY_FOLDER>" (5) PsyDoom will now use the files you placed in that folder in place of the original game maps. For example if you placed map 05 in there then map 05 will now be whatever you overwrote it to.   Naturally this procedure isn't very user friendly but it does the trick for now.
  • Reputation Points