First things first, I've been posting A LOT lately, so I think this will be my last topic for a bit of time. So I've been playing on HMP lately, and I've noticed that I usually have to clear out a whole area of demon hordes, just to move on, even when the point I need to get to is open and I don't have to deal with all the enemies, yet still, I have to kill all of them to get satisfaction. And it isn't because I want to see that 100% kills on the intermission screen, it is just that I feel like ID (or others) put them there to fight. My question is, are you supposed to clear out every room? or are you supposed to run away, because many large rooms with dozens of enemies can kind of slow down the pace (in my opinion), and I feel like the game wants you to clear out as many demons as possible before you get to the next section, but only the ones posing as threats (not the zombieman who is hundreds of "feet" away). Still, I kill all demons I see. But did ID really want you to kill those imps, or are they only there to block you from getting to the skull key, or to hurry you up, and get the hell out of Hell?    Maybe even some wadders (is that a word? LoL) out there can explain it from their point of view?   thank you all!