The Heavens have opened, the WAD gods have been kind, and I would like to announce, after a burnout hiatus and much to-ing and fro-ing...

BIRTHDAY BASH 30th (on IdGames!)
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/bbash_30
(NOTE: as of time of writing, the Germany and Virginia Mirrors have the most up to date file, please download from them)

Birthday Bash is a 30 level megawad for DOOM 2 that is a tribute and celebration of Doom's Birthday, all maps made by yours truly. The WAD sees DOOMGUY have to fight through some tricks and traps to ultimately return to UAC to find his BFG, which he foolishly left behind in his haste to get home and watch Family Feud. This journey takes him to Limbo and then to Hell itself, slaughtering his old demon friends along the way, getting all nostalgic about familiar landscapes and scenarios.

The WAD is broken down into 3 rough parts:

MAP01 - 12: "Petersen"-esque puzzle maps
MAP13 - 19: Episode 1 (return to UAC), with a sprinkle of Ep 2
MAP20 - 30: Limbo and Hell

YOU WILL NEED TO LOAD DOOM.WAD AS A PWAD TO PLAY
Birthday Bash uses resources from both Doom 1 and 2, so you will need to load both BBASH_30.wad and DOOM.wad as PWADS, and DOOM 2 as your IWAD. I would suggest using a program like ZDL or a similar launcher. For those newer players who have no idea what I'm talking about, download ZDL and set up your files so it looks something like this:

PORTS:
This should work on any sector-limit removing source port. While played and tested primarily on ZDoom, there is nothing specific about this WAD that requires a specific source port other than something sector-limit removing.

SCREENSHOTS:
    ------------
As some long time Doomworld lurkers may notice, this is a re-release of a wad from 5 years ago, which had a few launch issues getting an official IdGames launch due to my lack of WAD structure knowledge when it came to textures and resources. But after a break and a bunch of learning/experimenting, I've figured that stuff out and added some new maps to get to 30 levels (seems appropriate for a 30th Birthday, right?) and was able to structure everything properly!

For people who played the WAD back then then, I encourage you to a) write a review here if you liked it back then, and b) check out the new maps:

MAP21
MAP24 (a personal 1024 challenge)
MAP25
MAP27
MAP28
MAP30
THANK YOUS:
Outside of the thank you's mentioned in the .txt file, I have a big thanks to @Gez and @Doomkid for your advice many years ago around texture and Pnames lump management - It took a while for what you were saying it to sink in, but I got there and your help got me sorted. HUUGE thanks to @Xymph for the IDGames Upload site as a way to upload WADs, last time I tried to get this going, FTP was the only option I was aware of, and this process was sooooo much smoother. and big thanks to @KVELLER and @HAK3180 for your playtesting all those years ago.

Feedback is welcome and encouraged, either here, on the Idgames link or over message - really this is still my first release, I'm always curious to know people's thought's and please let me know if you find any bugs or errors.

And while I'm a couple of days late, this really was intended to be a celebration of 30 years of this amazing game -  some of my best memories involve this game, and it's amazing to see how strong the community is after such a long time. So please download and celebrate this sick game with me. Happy Birthday Doom!

---

CC: @eharper256 I did it! It's officially up! After all these years!!