POWERGUN - Make Slaughtermaps Great Again     POWERGUN.WAD is a mod I whipped up about a month ago with these goals in mind:   Make every weapon roughly 2-3 times more powerful Add some cool effects while keeping them feeling "authentically Doomy" Compatibility with ZDoom, ZDaemon and Zandronum   My reason for creating this weapon pack is to give a wide range of Doomers a chance to enjoy the experience of playing a slaughterwad. Although I personally have always had a soft spot for slaughtermaps, many people whine find them either too grindy, too difficult or both. This wad allows you to cut through the hoardes efficiently while still keeping the core gameplay elements and overall challenge in-tact. These guns are powerful, but they're not total overkill - you will still have to work for your victory! Monsters are not modified in any way. People who already enjoy slaughtermaps may find this puts a fresh fun spin on old classics.   With all that said, you don't have to use it with slaughtermaps, load this baby up with any WAD of your choosing and blast through it with extreme power!   So what does it actually do?   The pistol is now a machine gun. Same rate of fire and damage as the vanilla chaingun but you don't have to fire 2 bullets each time you pull the trigger. The fist is replaced by the gauntlets from Heretic. On it's own it's a bit more powerful than the vanilla chainsaw, with berserk this turns you into a veritable God. The chainsaw has been replaced with a railgun which has a reasonably quick rate of fire. (For the 3 of you who don't know, this is basically a plasma sniper rifle.) The shotgun is now automatic. It's about 3 times faster than the vanilla shotgun - I can't emphasize enough how fun it is to take down a crowd of imps with this thing.. The super shotgun now has a faster reload very similar to the vanilla SG. That POW sound is satisfying as hell. Puts Archies to sleep in seconds! The chaingun fires twice as fast. hey look im not the most original person on the planet ok give me a break ugh jeez The rocket launcher also fires twice as fast, but it's damn effective in wide open maps with huge groups. Make 'em into mince meat quick! The plasma projectiles have been sped up from 25 to 29, the rate of fire doubled and the cool-down animation removed. This thing is a real hallway filler! The BFG now shoots a giant ball of fire! The ball now sends out two sets of tracers rather than 1 (!) meaning twice the pain is felt by groups of enemies. The giant yellow ball deals an absolutely whopping damage range: between 300 and 2400 damage points are dealt with a direct hit. That's gonna leave a mark! You now begin with 150 health to help with hot starts. You can now carry 100 shells/rockets and 400 cells/bullets by default. Grabbing a backpack doubles your capacity as always.   I've recorded a video to give you an idea of how these work:   (the mapset shown is chillax.wad for anyone curious)   >> DOWNLOAD POWERGUN.WAD HERE <<   As with any release, I would love to hear feedback. What did I do right and what did I do wrong - I'm open to making a V2 so please let me know what you think.   EDIT: If that still isn't enough power, try the SUPER PowerGuns!! - https://doomshack.org/uploads/superpowerguns.wad   Enjoy!