I decided to clean up this post and make it a bit more approachable for finding playtesters. Everything I originally wrote is still here, but it may have been put in a spoiler. The list of playtesters is toward the bottom of this post, in case anyone is looking for it. If someone previously posted here and has since decided they don't want to playtest for people, please let me know and I will take you off the list (I can't remove your post--you would have to do that). To anyone who is seeking out the help and advice of those who are listed in this thread, please remember that they are volunteering their time and to please treat them with respect for doing so. Please keep in mind that they all have their own lives, careers, projects, families, etc.   Now, without further ado...
I've been kicking this idea around for a while. The way I see it, there are individuals with rather mature networks of playtesters. There also individuals who, I think, would be interested in having people playtest their maps and provide feedback without having to release the maps to the public. Therefore, I think it is reasonable to put together some sort of list of players who would be willing to perform private playtesting if asked by another player/mapper.   Therefore, I propose, if you would be interested in offering your services for private playtesting, please answer a few basic questions here. Adding your name to this list would not obligate you to anything , if you put your name on this list and someone contacts you and you're too busy or not interested, you can say no. Again, there is no obligation.   Doomworld Handle: <Obviously, this is where you enter what you go by here.> Skill level: <This will be somewhat subjective, but if you can beat Chillax on Nightmare playing with your toes or if you stumble through KDITD, this would be the place to mention how skilled you are.> Preferred difficulty level(s): <If you will only play UV or you prefer to play on ITYTD, this is the place to list what difficulty level or levels you are comfortable playtesting.> Maximum number of maps in a set: <This is where you would list whatever is the most maps you will playtest at one time. If you prefer 1 map at a time, enter it here. If you can play up to 32 map megawads, this is where to mention that.> Minimum number of maps in a set: <If, for some reason, you refuse to playtest anything less than a certain number of maps, put that number here.> Preferred genres: <If there are certain types of maps you like to play and would be willing to playtest, list them here.> Genres you don't like: <If there are certain types of maps you would not like to playtest, list them here.> Preferred source ports: <If there are ports that you prefer to play, list them here.> Source ports refused: <If there are ports that you refuse to use, list them here.> Demos or written comments: <If you have a preference for recording demos, FDAs, written comments, or any or all of them, note that here.> Mapping Experience: <If you have mapping experience, you can mention that here. Don't record an exhaustive list of all the maps you've made, but a simple statement can be provided. Mappers who playtest may provide different insights than those who playtest, but do not map.> Notes: <Anything else that you want to add would be listed here.>   An example: Doomworld Handle: ThisIsNeitherARealNameNorWhatIThinkOfMyself Skill Level: I can beat Doom 2 without saving while wearing an eyepatch. Preferred Difficulty Level(s): HNTR or NM Maximum Number of Maps in a Set: 16 Minimum Number of Maps in a Set: 3 Preferred Genres: Puzzle maps, slaughterwads, and maps that are like E2 in Doom. Genres you don't like: Platforming, techbases, and vanilla maps with 3D bridges. Preferred Source Ports: Chocolate, GZDoom, PrBoom+, Zandronum Source Ports Refused: Crispy, Odamex Demos or written comments: I can record a demo, but will have to provide written commentary for the playtest. Mapping Experience: I started mapping with DEU in 2010 and I still use it, churning out 3 speedmaps a year using DEU 5.1. Notes: I'll play just about anything, even the genres I don't like, but don't expect good reviews for genres I don't like.   Here is a blank template you can use (if you want to):     Here is a summary of those who have agreed to make themselves available (arranged only in order of posting):   Here are the links to the posts, in case you want to see more details about the playtester in question (arranged in alphabetical order): AD_79 Antnee Aquila Chrysaetos bemused eharper256 Gaia74 GarrettChan HAK3180 Lampenpam leodoom85 meapineapple Nevander NoReason NuMetalManiak Obake Spie812
  Moderators, if this proposal violates some sort of rule on Doomworld (written or unwritten), please let me know.   Otherwise, I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say. Happy playtesting!