DEMO DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/s42wbul32bws5gs/depths2demo1.wad/file   So, to quell the years' or so silence since I last uploaded a map, here's the announcement, and simultaneous 6-and-a-bit level demo release, of my new project, which is a sequel to my last work that most of you will likely have forgotten.   So, without further ado, here's the gist: Depths 2 is an 18 (and a bit, as I previously stated) map megaWAD (though only just) by me, Novaseer, using the UDMF map format... that's about it, really. The 18 levels are separated into 3 "episodes", independent of the original Doom 2 map set, each with their own secret level - though they're separated the same way as Doom 2's episodes are - that is, only through theme and text screens. The secret level in Episode 1 also has a secret level of its own, though I don't think it even counts at this point because there's no enemies in it and you can exit in five seconds.   All maps are designed for singleplayer but have co-op compatibility. Deathmatch is not supported.   Episode 1 takes place on a ravaged Earth, complete with wastelands filled with toxic sludge and dark, abandoned tech bases. Episode 2 sees a return to the bases on Phobos, with new segments of the facility and some redesigned classics. Unlike when you were here first, however, demons are practically growing off of the walls. It's not a walk in the park like KDitD is, and harder than Episode 1, yet easier than Episode 3. In Episode 3 you return to Hell to try and stop the Hellish invasion... I know, how original. Yeah, probably the same shit as usual, we've all played Hell maps before.   Each secret level is unrelenting in difficulty (and does not adapt with difficulty choice unlike the rest of the set). Episode 3's secret in particular is particularly devilish. Each secret level has a particularly useful reward - SECMAP01/04 grant the first BFGs of the game, for instance.   Specific map information is in the spoiler below. Monster counts are separated into ITYTD+HNTR / HMP / UV+NM where applicable. If the par time is [REDACTED], I've probably not finished that level yet. If the name itself is, I probably haven't even started.   Now, unlike in Depths 1 where all I did to expand the roster was make a few DECORATE edits to Cyberdemons, we have a few new monsters and other things worthy of a mention. Information is in the spoiler to condense the page a bit.   What's that? You're sick of me talking and want screenshots? *sigh* Fine. DISCLAIMER: I took these using notarget so I could better show off the level and not what a Mancubus fireball looks like. Consequently, I had to noclip past a few monsters so I could get through. All of these areas are present in the demo, I'm not going to EA you.   And, of course, credit where credit is due:   Notes: In terms of difficulty, the WAD is a fair bit harder than Depths 1, probably about Plutonia equivalent in most cases. The secret levels are much more difficult, though. Freelook is recommended, but not required. All level progression is possible without. Jump and crouch are disabled in all levels. Re-enabling them is not recommended as it can harm level progression. Difficulty settings are implemented on all non-secret levels. All levels are completeable from a pistol start and are made with pistol starts in mind. Don't worry, text screens will be in the full version. I've excluded them for the demo. The full version will contain a new weapon, so it may be incompatible with some gameplay mods. I'll release a compatibility version alongside the full version to remove the weapon (it's only found in one level) to make things easier. It'll still need (G)ZDoom to run though. Tested using GZDoom version g3.4.1. Your sourceport may have some incompatibilities. The levels are, like with Depths 1, packaged as a separate episode to Hell on Earth. Don't go to Entryway by mistake. Keep checking this thread for further updates on development.