T H E   M I S - A D V E N T U R E S   O F   D Y N A M I T E   Episode 0: TNT Strikes   This was my very first ever Mega-Wad that I have created that includes custom levels, music, sounds, enemies, weapons, etc...   Personally, looking back I wish I made so many changes as I realised I needed to spend a but more than around 5-6 months (mostly off) working at it.   All in all though its at least complete... if rather iffy...   SCREENSHOTS:           Episode 1: War on Poneto   Episode 1 certainly improved over Episode 0's flaws. Firstly, the levels are better to play through as well as I expanded the Lore of the universe. Plus, working around the fact that all weapons are on the left (since Dynamite is left-handed) was interesting when it came to map design... Though I didn't utilise it much. WoP was rather stressful to work with since the editor (GZDooM Builder) kept messing with me quite often but I pulled through and I'm proud of the work I made.   SCREENSHOTS:   DOWNLOAD: (Links straight to folder. Download either episode and/or read-me if you wish =) ) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xfur1cafx4dos/TMOD_Ep_0_and_1   Questions and Answers Section for any questions you may or may not have. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Q1: What source-Port do I need to run episode 0/1? A1: I'm not sure how many source-ports can handle everything in these wad files however I used GZDooM version 3.0.1 . If your source-port supports 3D floors, scripts       or other edited files (like textures) then yes, this should run.   Q2: Is every level possible to complete? A2: If you can't beat a level, let me know but every level in both wads CAN be completed. (tip: In the Cybernetica Dreams Laboratory stage, try PUSHING the giant switches)   Q3: What is the recommended difficulty to play on? And what do the new difficulty names mean? A3: I personally tested every stage on Hurt Me Plenty difficulty (Medium). And as for the newly named difficulties: Super = I'm too young to die (Very Easy) Mega = Hey not to rough (Easy) Ultra = Hurt me Plenty (Medium) Hyper = Ultra-Violence (Hard) Ultimate = NIGHTMARE (Very Hard / why would you even pick this?)   Q4: I found a bug on (***) map! What should I do about it? A4: If there are any glitches on these maps, PLEASE contact me. I'll happily fix them. Do beware however that some glitches may not be easy for me to fix (for example: A scripted door that does DOWN. If you press "use" whilst it goes up it'll go up a second time, locking the door. I know about that error but I'm not sure how to fix it.)   Q5: How do I access the secret levels? A5: If I said they wouldn't be a secret... but if you need a hint: both wad's secret level is in map 15.   Q6: What game do I need to use with this? A6: I don't think you need a game to load with it normally but if you want to know which DooM engine game I used, look at DooM 2. (This is in case you launch it through SLADE 3) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ P.S: Any tips, tricks and other useful advice on map/mod production is always welcome =) PPS: I'm working on Episode 2 ^_^
  • Reputation Points