Broke: Cutting out Doom 2's maps to make a shorter game. Woke: Rearranging Doom 2's maps into episodes.   Episode 1: "The Infested Starport" E1M1: Entryway E1M2: Underhalls E1M3: The Gantlet E1M4: The Focus E1M5: The Waste Tunnels E1M6: The Crusher (exit to secret level) E1M7: Dead Simple E1M8: Refueling Base E1M9: Circle of Death E1M0: Tricks and Traps (secret level) Episode 2: "Last Man on Earth" E2M1: The Pit E2M2: The Factory E2M3: Downtown E2M4: Tenements E2M5: Industrial Zone (exit to secret level) E2M6: Suburbs E2M7: The Abandoned Mines E2M8: The Citadel E2M9: Gotcha! E2M0: The Courtyard (secret level) Episode 3: "Corruption" E3M1: Nirvana E3M2: The Catacombs E3M3: The Inmost Dens E3M4: The Chasm (exit to secret level) E3M5: Bloodfalls E3M6: Monster Condo E3M7: The Spirit World E3M8: The Living End E3M9: Icon of Sin E3M0: Barrels o' Fun (secret level)   There you go. All maps accounted for*, with some slight rearrangement to fit the episodic structure & theme better (e.g. the Mines/Dens swap and bumping Tenemants between Downtown and Industrial Zone so you don't get the two huge city sandboxes back-to-back). I couldn't really think of a great opener for the second episode, so I settled on moving The Pit forward to precede The Factory. Still un-ideal, but it's a thing.   Secret levels were chosen by picking the oddest of the oddballs, secret exits on E1/E3 are arbitrary, and the episode names are just stuff I made up after perusing the Doom 2 story texts.   We'll also need a couple of music swaps to prevent the same music from playing twice in an episode. Here's an arbitrary suggestion:  Circle of Death: D_TENSE  The Abandoned Mines: D_DDTBLU  The Inmost Dens: D_MESSAG   I suppose in this alternate universe, The Pit and Circle of Death would see the most changes from their real-world counterparts, since they'd need to be adjusted a bit to fit as an episode starter/ender, and the temptation to add new boss encounters is there. Sacrilege, I know, but what isn't? :P   [*OK, I left the Wolfenstein maps off since they're kinda dumb, but pretend you can unlock them by finding all 3 secret maps or something.]     [EDIT] 'Cause I know at least one person's going to ask "Why is Dead Simple not the E1 ender?", it's because that's the big reveal of Arachs and Mancs and it'd suck if their presence was spoiled in earlier maps. But if we're willing to imagine Refueling Base and Circle of Death don't have any, we could totally place Dead Simple at the end and call it a boss map. Problem solved, eh?
  • Reputation Points