Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RedInsane

I need some help with fixing my wad

Its really weird how to doors work, they move the whole map and not the actual doors;

here give it a look;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TheRedInsane'sadventure.zip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there are other things like the actual design of the level but i think that i will have to do that part.

i use "doom builder X" is that any good? so far it appears to be...

i added custom music through "Slade3" which all you have to do is drag in the midi and rename it to the music you want to replace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

its an old project that i was working on but stopped and now that i am back to doing so i have gotten worse at making it.

i believe that one door actually works as i did look up a tutorial on how to do it but i forgot and besides i want to ask on here since i want to be apart of this community.

Your linedefs around the doors face the wrong way - and they think the other side is the door. See those small lines pointing out of them? That's the direction they are facing. You can flip them around by selecting them and pressing F.

1 minute ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Your linedefs around the doors face the wrong way - and they think the other side is the door. See those small lines pointing out of them? That's the direction they are facing. You can flip them around by selecting them and pressing F.

ill try that out

thank you

Now that I checked it out, I liked the first room. It feels opressive.

Goat head texture is too short and doesn't fit in the screen

You shouldn't add action 1 to solid walls (I don't know if games would crash now, but either way, what's the point)

And when you change textures it's a good idea to add a border texture, like lights or door frame.

If you change floor/ceiling texture it's a good practice to change their height at the border. They don't merge together all that well.

The game won't draw upper texture if the ceiling is F-SKY, so you made a weird invisible wall in the cracked-rock room.

The door to the south of it is open by default, and on the inside you textured middle instead of upper, which results in door being visible only when open.