Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robocop

Camtasia Recording GZDoom

I tried recording a short demo for a friend in Camtasia. By default, the audio of my game is captured, but the video shows me on the menu screen for the duration. My mouse movements seem to be captured.

Has anyone else ran into this before?

Camtasia is likely recording the desktop output rather that capturing the framebuffer output of the game. OpenGL while in fullscreen is not fed into the Windows DWM to reduce overheads, so Camtasia is only recording the last frame the DWM ever saw. Either you'll need to find some kind of function in Camtasia to hook into the game properly and record that, if it has such a thing at all, or you need to find a different program. OBS has this capability, as does Nvidia's Shadowplay function found in GeForce Experience.

Does anyone have a screenshot of which menu they use in OBS to change this setting? So far I'm finding it just as hard to record Doom in OBS as in Camtasia, but that may just be that it's new software to me.

It's not a setting a specific setting OBS. Simply use Game Capture as the source.

I feel dumb as hell. Using Game Capture I still get a black screen. I can hear my game, but see nothing whether I use "Capture specific Window " with GZDOOM as my target, or "Capture any Fullscreen Application."

Thanks for trying to help. Looking at troubleshooting guides elsewhere all give me similar advice. 

Time for a nap.