Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkfader

BTSX Episode 1 port over to Quake - Arcane Dimensions

Hello,

I am Mike, a long time Doom/Quake/Wold3d user since 1992, and I'm hoping to touch base with the original creators of BTSX to hopefully port the maps over to Quake format, for a Quake/BTSX Episode using Quake 2 monsters, and Arcane Dimensions code. I have already been working on the code for the past 3 months, creating new projectiles, and editing monster behavior, etc. I really enjoyed the BTSX Episode 1 experience, so I'm hoping to get permission from the creators.

I have put together a preliminary video/screenshots to highlight what it will look like in the end.

I am hoping to release a full BTSX version with all 32 maps, and will also be orchestrating all music for the episode.

Any help is greatly appreciated (tools to convert maps, assets, etc.)

And thanks to the community for a great modding community. Doom2 is one of my favorite games, and will remain so until I die.

Also, if I'm able to proceed with this project. I will need help in converting some of the original BTSX maps to Quake format .map.

I was able to use Doom2Brush to convert half of them, but some were unsuccessful.

[youtube]

quakespasm-spiked-win64 2023-02-04 20-19-49.png

quakespasm-spiked-win64 2023-02-04 20-20-06.png

quakespasm-spiked-win64 2023-02-04 20-20-19.png

quakespasm-spiked-win64 2023-02-04 20-20-32.png

quakespasm-spiked-win64 2023-02-04 20-20-41.png

quakespasm-spiked-win64 2023-02-04 20-20-50.png

Screenshot 2023-02-04 202110.png

Edited by darkfader

9 hours ago, darkfader said:

I have already been working on the code for the past 3 months, creating new projectiles, and editing monster behavior, etc. I really enjoyed the BTSX Episode 1 experience, so I'm hoping to get permission from the creators.

Please ask permission before you start on something like this. BTSX's maps and resources aren't reusable. While the resources themselves will eventually allow reuse after episode 3 is out, a full conversion of all the maps to another engine (or, really, anything using the BTSX name) is something that I would want to oversee directly if it were to happen. I'm flattered, but please do not do this.