Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zolgia108

Didgeridoom (just started)

Hey there! Since i saw some random ups to Djinn i decided to enter the tunnel once more and i started mapping again after 3 long years.

This is just the first level (which will occupy slot 02) of a set that i intend to build as a prelude to Djinn. I basically would like to end the trilogy.

Of course i still have no clue on how many i will make and i also completely forgot how to map at all! I intend to keep it easy and avoid what i was doing with Happy in terms of gameplay, returning to a more basic Djinn style.

The wad will talk about Snail and his painful path to madness, which later led him into suicide with Djinn and inner peace with Happy.

Monsters have custom sprites taken from the net, but they have the same stats, there will be a couple of custom monsters throughout the wad.

Shouldn't take too long to complete it :)

File size is big cause it has all the resources i'll need for the rest of the wad :)

PS: forgot the port - GZ

difficulties: hmp and UV

link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mdnlcewtpmlxk9/Didgeridoom Map01.wad?dl=0

TITLEPIC.jpg.6231cd878c81972b6910f0a9f80d2194.jpg

screen1.jpg.896bc479ed34b04dbf92c83082f36bcb.jpg

Edited by Zolgia108

Christmas came early this year I think. Take it real slow and real easy so that things flow naturally in the mind that you can put for our eyes to feast..... would want nothing more than the finished piece to have a lasting effect for the longest time possible. I am no mapper myself but I firmly believe that the wholesome community always got your back, should you need a helping hand. Best of luck with this !

1 minute ago, Evil_Ascended said:

Christmas came early this year I think. Take it real slow and real easy so that things flow naturally in the mind that you can put for our eyes to feast..... would want nothing more than the finished piece to have a lasting effect for the longest time possible. I am no mapper myself but I firmly believe that the wholesome community always got your back, should you need a helping hand. Best of luck with this !

yea i ll take it very easy this time, map is still unfinished but i felt the urge to give the community a small sign that i am still alive :P

It will obviously be polished as i will hear a couple of (probably negative) feedbacks!

Thanks for the kind words, have a nice one!

fixed some glitches here and there after some more testing and now map01 should be working properly. I would like to hear a couple of feedbacks before moving on ;)

Is there any courageous soul out there willing to try this small map? thanks

Looked pretty cool, giving off a "mystic/occult" vibe. Maybe a tad dark and brown, tried it on GZDoom 4.10.

There are also some mechanics going on, but it wasn't entirely clear what exactly the map expected from me. But that could also just be a "me" problem lol. ;p

1 hour ago, Sinnesloeschen said:

Looked pretty cool, giving off a "mystic/occult" vibe. Maybe a tad dark and brown, tried it on GZDoom 4.10.

There are also some mechanics going on, but it wasn't entirely clear what exactly the map expected from me. But that could also just be a "me" problem lol. ;p

Thanks for trying it! No big deal yet, still deciding if to go for a mapset, in that case treat this as slot2, slot 1 being an intro with a sort of "runaway" from archies, then you basically go inside a tomb and then the journey underground begins. Nothing too fancy. Again, thanks for trying the map, appreciate it!

49 minutes ago, Custom Longplay said:

Project Brutality 3.0 - Doom 2 - Map: #0285 - Didgeridoom - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ] - [100%]

I loved this gameplay, project brutality is awesome and i am glad it worked well. I don't care if it was cheating with ammo and health, i even managed to kill you at one point hahahah

I hope you enjoyed the map, thanks a lot!

On 6/15/2023 at 10:49 AM, Incantations said:

I loved Djinn - especially map 1 with the temple hidden under the sand. I will definitely be trying this one

that was my first attempt, i still remember when i scratched my head so much to make that happen :P

Also, since the exit is the front door did you know that you could simply press it from above and end the map in about 3 seconds? Doom limits i guess!

Try this one when you have time, i would really appreciate it, it keeps me strong and wanting to do more