Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BUYXRAYS

DESTRUCTION OF HELL DEMO

Hello doomworld users.

I have been working on a custom doom campaign for about a month.

Now that I have about half of the maps done, I am now going to be releasing it.

Please be aware that there will be more content.

Also, all of the custom midis are made by me. (Except for map03)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FSLaOQxngAvTLhO11yc0EHdOm6BzMb5E/view?usp=sharing

!WARNING!

DO NOT USE GZDOOM TO PLAY THE WAD! IT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD AT ALL!

IT IS DESIGNED FOR VANILLA/CHOCOLATE/CRISPY DOOM!

DOOM0005.png

DOOM0000.png

Edited by BUYXRAYS

Very nice looking titlepic and other custom graphics, but the maps are awful. Monster placement appears random, and there is no cover or decorations anywhere.

On 8/1/2023 at 12:28 PM, NieMaMordy said:

Very nice looking titlepic and other custom graphics, but the maps are awful. Monster placement appears random, and there is no cover or decorations anywhere.

I'm a new mapper. I am sorry if it isn't up to standard. But when you say the maps are awful, could you please explain a bit more about what makes them bad?

I want to improve and to do so I want to know everything bad about it.

You've got to mix demons you place at the scene more cleverly, where one compliments the other e.g. where pinkies make you run away from them, add some chaingunners that require you to run close to them. Also, showing everything a map has to offer from the start makes them quite boring. You might say that you put some teleports that put you in other rooms that couldn't be seen before, but these rooms are made in a completely different way, making them not feel like a part of the same level. When it comes to monsters, there are no traps here at all, which is often a big part of what makes an encounter feel good to play. What is also lacking here is some decoration, where every think looks like the most basic shape, without any aditional columns, floor level changes or other stuff that just looks nice. All new mappers struggle at first, so it's fine. Just keep on improving.