Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laocoön

Playtesters wanted for: Infernal Gladiator: Saveless Challenge

Thank you for playing my maps, @Austinado! I missed a bit of the stream and had to watch the very last bit without sound, but I enjoyed it and managed to take some notes along the way. I'm new to twitch, so I don't know if I can watch a recording later or whether that was that, but it was very useful nonetheless!

3 hours ago, Laocoön said:

Thank you for playing my maps, @Austinado! I missed a bit of the stream and had to watch the very last bit without sound, but I enjoyed it and managed to take some notes along the way. I'm new to twitch, so I don't know if I can watch a recording later or whether that was that, but it was very useful nonetheless!

Austin also later uploads his twitch streams on youtube

https://m.youtube.com/@austinadodoom2175/videos

Oh, good, cause I'm in a different time zone! Caught a bit of the ongoing stream, looking forward to seeing the whole thing later!

Posted (edited)

Turns out I'm in the same time zone, just more sleepy. I enjoyed seeing you break map 32. Will have to make some changes to that one!

Also, when I said saveless, I did not mean saveless and blind! Very impressed by your skills, @Austinado

EDIT: I forgot to say, in case there's a misunderstanding: all 32 maps are included, and the later ones are long enough that most people will have to practice to finish them without saving!

I'll have to remind myself to grab this. Hot fire, legitimately.

Posted (edited)

Hey, @Austinado (or anyone else who wants to play) - here's a new and even more improved version if you wish to stream more from this wad: [dead link]

I have fixed a few things in the map you were playing to make it more fair and balanced, and I also took at look at the next couple of maps to remove any leftover bs.

This also has a version of map 16 with only two pillars instead of three, as well as lots of fixes for the earlier levels that you've already played!

Edited by Laocoön

Posted (edited)

Latest version of the "Final" Beta: [dead link]

New in this version:

-Lots of balancing and minor fixes after playtesting

-New map 32 added. Old map 32 moved to slot 33. (The new map is still a W-I-P)

-Maps 31-33 are now true secret maps, as you have to find the (very badly) hidden exit in map15 to play these levels (unless you use IDCLEV or the console to warp to them, which is absolutely fine!)

Thanks again to @Austinado for playtesting and to my brother, for the same reason!

Pic of the new map:

7YciH6C.png

Edited by Laocoön

Posted (edited)

Beta 8 out now: [removed; see below]

RC1 approaching fast, I think ...

Edited by Laocoön

If all goes to plan, RC1 will come out next week. In the meantime, here's a trailer!

This thread will no longer be updated as the wad is now in RC1. Go here to download it: