Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stridertech

anyone play the Trials games or use its track editor?

a topic that i've indulged in for many years is that of the trials game series from redlynx/ubisoft. despite being a seemingly simple moto-x/bmx trial game, it has like one of the most complex built-in editors in any game i've ever seen. like you can make full-on skill games n shit on it and fps games. like it's way too complex for such a simple ass game lmao. has anyone here ever played these games or fumbled and tumbled around in its editor? this game kinda helped inspire me to get into doom wads.

a cool lil example of the cool shit in its editor is an old track from one of the more older games that unfortunately ubisoft absolutely refuses to fix nowadays and my personal favorite game in the series:

sorry to be a bother, just wanted to mention a game series that i fuckin adore :)

I often listen to the soundtrack for Trials of the Blood Dragon and bought the game just because I like Power Glove. I enjoyed it well enough and remember thinking about getting Trials Fusion which was the newest one out at the time, though I haven't played any of the other games in the series or messed around with the level editors. It looks like fun though, and they're all currently on sale, so now might be the time!

4 hours ago, Lippeth said:

I often listen to the soundtrack for Trials of the Blood Dragon and bought the game just because I like Power Glove. I enjoyed it well enough and remember thinking about getting Trials Fusion which was the newest one out at the time, though I haven't played any of the other games in the series or messed around with the level editors. It looks like fun though, and they're all currently on sale, so now might be the time!

i do recommend fusion ALOT, amazing on PC, xbox and ps4. trials evolution gold edition is a shoddy terrible pc port that lags and has less content though, and the servers are getting shut down for that version anyway. evolution xbox 360 is the BEST trials game and version of evolution and luckily, its servers will still be up, but unfortunately you can't buy it since it's delisted. HD is buyable but is a 360/one exclusive, but is definitely worth it too. if there are two games i can definitely recommend, then it's fusion and HD :) i would recommend the original 360 ver of evolution but u can't buy it anymore. if u want i could recommend u some tracks to download if u do get fusion!

The ones I see on Steam are Evolution, Fusion and Rising, all under $5 and all having mixed reviews but so does Blood Dragon and if the others are at least as fun as that then I'm sure they're fun. Is there any one of these that I should play first or outright avoid? I'll probably get them all either way and check them out one at a time.