Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nikamir

Rest only in our dreams [Hardcore]

Do you think that you have enough courage to appear in this hell-forsaken place? Well, I warned you. You are not welcome here at all.

Playtime ~10-20 min.

The maps is inspired by The Ultimate Doom - E1, Doom II - The Gantlet, and Knocked Loose - Deep in the Willow (guitar cover by Zain Mhz).

Features:

- Music: remixed Knocked Loose - Deep in the Willow (remixed by @Nikamir)

- No crouch

- No jump

- No secret

- 1 map

Screenshots

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20240329_221734.png.d8680eb6525a957d4e4c0c02e4da577f.pngScreenshot_Doom_20240329_221833.png.c226fff5466fd34d80a271fbcf4d6cc6.pngScreenshot_Doom_20240329_221859.png.90da747869b1b46c76ff41d7300c03a7.pngScreenshot_Doom_20240329_221934.png.e8c68cc34c3e5ea8b81b5424f79f2f5f.png

Format BOOM
Made with Slade3 - DOOM2 (ZDoom compitable)

Download (5.4 Mb): https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArJqO35mii2Ok8lwq2r8Vokt71hlrw?e=tEdKc8

I’m not sure, but maybe I overdid it with the hardness, but the map is still passable. It seemed to me that the difficulty was not quite even between the stages of the level, so I tried to level it out, but it seems that I leveled it towards hardcore rather than moderate, so I apologize in advance for being excessively cruel to the player. On the other hand, this is the essence of Doom.

I Liked it, I played it on HMP difficulty and it was fun, not easy but not outrageously difficult either, it was a fun challenge.

2 hours ago, Nikamir said:

I’m not sure, but maybe I overdid it with the hardness, but the map is still passable. It seemed to me that the difficulty was not quite even between the stages of the level, so I tried to level it out, but it seems that I leveled it towards hardcore rather than moderate, so I apologize in advance for being excessively cruel to the player. On the other hand, this is the essence of Doom.

I don't think you overdid the difficulty at all, there's plenty of resources available that allow the player to make mistakes, at some point a couple of revenants got me and I still had medikits and a full green armor to spare since you start with the megasphere. For the final two cyberdemons you get enough cells that you don't even need to risk it and get close to them or lower the stairs to take them out since you can just safely take them out from far away.

Anyways it was fun, keep at it. Here's my first attempt on UV, had to play on GZDoom since it wouldn't work on DSDA (I thought it would work with -complevel 9... but nope)

Awesome map

10 hours ago, Nikamir said:

The difficulty is challenging but fair. Once you go through it a couple of times and learn whats coming your way, it is definitely manageable.

Keep them coming, friend.

I'm startin to enjoy your maps a lot!

This one was hardcore, the beginning actually jumpscared me. Totally manageable though, just need to be quick, or be dead. Level architecture is fine for a techbase. No secrets means more focus on the action, and keeping up gameplay flow.

6 hours ago, wheresthelambsauce said:

Once you go through it a couple of times and learn whats coming your way, it is definitely manageable.

That's usually not good design though. Learning by dying should not be required. At least there's quicksave.

But I think this map is fine in that regard, you can definitely avoid the hordes if you're fast, especially when the Archviles show up to ruin your day.

Probably takes some experienced Dooming though, newbies may have trouble here.

Mostly agree with the other people here. Although I did find camping at a lift after getting the first key annoying.