Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Brandon D. Lade

Flashback Demo 2 - Sky colors and E2M3 quality question

I finished playing Flashback Demo 2, released about 3 weeks ago, but I have two questions about it. Firstly, why does E2M1 have the E1 sky, E2M2 have the E2 sky, E2M3 have the E3 sky, and E2M4 have the E4 sky? Also, althoug E2M1, E2M2, and E2M4 were great maps IMO, I thoought E2M3 was very lacking in quality in comparison - much more bare and unorganized. Did you think the same thing?

If you're playing in a source port that supports MAPINFO lumps, each map in the demo displays the sky of the respective episode that the map comes from.

And I don't see any problem with E2M3 -- if anything, I'd say my E2M2 is the worst of the bunch. I made it a few years ago and there's a lot I don't like about it nowadays...

esselfortium said:

If you're playing in a source port that supports MAPINFO lumps, each map in the demo displays the sky of the respective episode that the map comes from.

And I don't see any problem with E2M3 -- if anything, I'd say my E2M2 is the worst of the bunch. I made it a few years ago and there's a lot I don't like about it nowadays...

Strange, I thought E2M2 was quite awesome as a tribute to Containment Area and E2M3 was rather lackluster in comparison (and also in comparison to E2M1 and E2M4). It was still a decent map IMO, but I just thought it had a significant lack of detail and creative deign compared to the other 3 maps. Of course, that is just my opinion - everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Also, I now understand the thing with the skies. I was using ZDoom to play. Using respective episode skies was a good idea.

I thought E2M1 was quite good, E2M2 was excellent, E2M3 was just good, and E2M4 was excellent.