Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bubba smith

HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Guest Bubba smith

WHERE CAN I FIND A SPRITE EDITOR FOR WINDOWS!!!!!!!!
wintex dont work i keep gettin errors that i missin dll files.

Guest EverSoHumble

Just use your favourite paint program to edit the sprite graphics,
Save them as *.bmp and you should be OK.

Guest Yogal

I know the file you're looking for:

vbrun300.dll

You can download this from

http://www.softseek.com/Utilities/VBRUN_and_other_DLLs_and_Runtime_Files/Review_6058_index.html

This should get Wintex working. And if you find out how to add new textures using this program, then perhaps you can tell me, 'cos I'm buggared if I know.

Guest Bubba smith

yea but where do i find the sprites????

Guest Wraithchilde
Bubba smith said:

yea but where do i find the sprites????

You're on the bottom of that ladder, eh? Since sprite editting is my favorite thing to do I'll throw you a line. You run Wintex and click on the Doom wad and then click edit pwad. Click the sprite button. Select the sprites you want to fool with and one of the menus (I do it so automatically I forget which one) has an option "save entries to file". Save them.

Next you use another program to edit them. If you use anything but Photoshop you're in trouble. You'll have to edit them in 256 color mode. If you can't handle that then you need to use Photoshop. Before you do anything with the picture click on image|mode|color table and save the Doom palette. Then you can go back and forth from 256 to true color as much as you like. Just remember that for Wintex to put the sprites back into a wad the pictures have to be saved under Doom's 256 color palette and in BMP format.

If you get that far and need more help let me know.