Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doom4Ever

new to programming

Guest Doom4Ever

okay for along time now i have allways wanted to make doom levels and wads but never knew how. it would be apreciated if someone could tell me where to find a nice easy "beginners" .wad maker.

You can download all kind of utilities and ports for Doom on this very site. Wauther is a pretty easy editor to use, another
couple popular ones are Deepsea and Doomcad. I heard that Waded is the easiest to use, but that it is really buggy.

There is other usefull things to download on this site also, like tutorials and such.

You might want to check out the ZDoom tutorials Randy's site. It covers a lot of the ZDoom specific features as well as an ACS scripting primer. The Edge folks have some tutorials on their site covering the very cool 3D floors. My buddy Fanatic has some excellent RTS resources as well for Edge. Doomworld has some nice tutorials and NewDoom.com is hosting the Wad Designer's handbook which is a must see. This should get you started. The best way to learn is to do; just grab WadAuthor or the shareware Deepsea and give it a whirl.