Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kai Allard-Liao

How can i play doom-boom online???

Guest Kai Allard-Liao

Hi i wonna play doom-boom online. How can i do it per internet? What programms i need to? will be very happy if anyone here tells me smthng about that..

to play doom over the internet you'll need a source port. If you are new to it i'd reccomend csdoom as it appart from good internet play performance allso has a good user interface to get the games started.

You can allso get doomserv and use it with zdoom to play over the internet, but i'm not quite sure it will give you descent framerate if you play through a modem (i am not sure about this so someone with more experience of doomserv will have to explain...)

Then there's vavoom which with its full client server network system probably delivers the best experience although not many seem to use it and there's not much info. Tecnically vavoom seems to beat them all but so far software mode on my p233 have given far from descent framerate, i'll try again today though as i finally got around to get myself a tnt2 :O)

all ports discussed can be found on the source-ports section here at doomworld :O)