Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[noob]plonker

Tenebrae and doom 3

[noob]plonker said:
yeh its got direct 8.1 features and that dont mean it wont run it good :S + direct x is for direct 3d redering mode not OpenGL so it dont change a thing ( just that the direct x9 cards have more pixelshaders and stuff witch helps)

No, its a D3D7 card. Its based off the NV25, with ripped out DX8 support, as well as other things. Hence why most people say its a suped up GF2, when its actually a shitty GF4.

Good luck getting it to run in Linux, though. I never DID get my linux versions of Q3, Heavy Gear 2, nor UT to work properly.

Wierd, I had no problem getting Q3A, RTCW, UT, and UT2003 to work fine in Linux (Redhat 8).

...and to be a little objective :)

the game WILL use DirectX, as all Windows games do

Not quite. Its not that Doom3 wont use DirectX (Im sure it will), but not all windows games do :). Its entirely possible to program directly to the hardware (For input, sound, etc) & then directly to the GPU via OGL. :P Although I'm sure you knew that, so basically im stating something for no reason and thereby wasting my time :P

Imp said:

Your in a heap of trouble now.

why ? you guys dont play quake ?

Radea` said:

No, its a D3D7 card. Its based off the NV25, with ripped out DX8 support, as well as other things. Hence why most people say its a suped up GF2, when its actually a shitty GF4.

yeh but me has O/Ced mine