Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zark

Build your own house!

Actualy, Cyb, silent teleporters originated in some old wad that used a DeHacked patch to remove the teleport fog and the noise to achieve the same room over room type of effect we use today. :P

find the date of the wad and we'll see

plus that's just a hack, not real silent teleporters :P

If you make teleporters silent with no fog using dehacked and probably a replacment silent sound there's still that delay where you're stuck on the destination for a split second and the teleporter won't keep the angle you're facing intact.

The seamless ones are great for single player, but probably don't look as good in multiplayer when a player is chasing another up/down some stairs.

Mr. Chris said:

Zdoom has silent teleporter linedef, does it?

Use the TeleportLine special instead. This is like Hexen's silent teleporters (in the monastery and orchard maps) and I believe they keep the facing angle intact, too. (I think)

Alright, not to revive old threads or anything (pfft, as if), I guess I should change the stuff about sending me your house... It'd be best if you uploaded it somewhere and the PM'ed me on the forums giving me the link, since my email isn't being too wonderful recently. If you don't have space to upload it, catch me on MSN (zarcyb at blueyonder dot co dot uk) and send me it there... otherwise, e-mail it'll have to be, but I'm not sure how well it'll work.

Thanks everyone for their support.

[10:24] <@SargeBaldy> that thread needs ATTNing
[10:24] <@SargeBaldy> people are too add in this community to remember

Here is a rough version of my house so far. It includes some shattering glass and stuff for people to use. Don't paste this level into a compilation yet though.

I made skulls in flames not subjected to gravity and gave them the floatbob bit, so you can make some pretty cool air bridges out of a bunch of them. The brains decoration is replaced with a glass shard.

Gokuma said:

Here is a rough version of my house so far. It includes some shattering glass and stuff for people to use. Don't paste this level into a compilation yet though.

I made skulls in flames not subjected to gravity and gave them the floatbob bit, so you can make some pretty cool air bridges out of a bunch of them. The brains decoration is replaced with a glass shard.

You know, you could have just used the glass shards from Hexen.

I just reuploaded the wad with the brains restored and a Hexen shard used with my sprites. Since I shouldn't be replacing a decoration others might want to use just for the shards to stay longer. A dehacked lump is still in there but all it does it sets those bits on the flaming skulls.

zarcyb, should I add my glass textures in pnames and texture resources or would you prefer to do that when compiling everyone's textures together?

To make the glass shards in ZooM I made two types in DECORATE:

projectile Glass
{
 SpawnNum 161
 Sprite GLAS
 Frames "ABCDE"
 Radius 3
 Height 6
}

projectile GlassHarm
{
 SpawnNum 162
 Sprite GLAS
 Frames "ABCDE"
 Radius 3
 Height 6
 Damage 1
}
As you can see, they're the same except that one damages. When the glass breaks, about 1/10 of the shards are GlassHarm, which means if you're standing in the way you'll get slightly damaged, usually from 1-8.

Cool, but can you set bits like floor bounce and have frame E as a death frame that lasts for a while or long as you want?

Nanami said:

To make the glass shards in ZooM I made two types in DECORATE:

projectile Glass
{
 SpawnNum 161
 Sprite GLAS
 Frames "ABCDE"
 Radius 3
 Height 6
}

projectile GlassHarm
{
 SpawnNum 162
 Sprite GLAS
 Frames "ABCDE"
 Radius 3
 Height 6
 Damage 1
}
As you can see, they're the same except that one damages. When the glass breaks, about 1/10 of the shards are GlassHarm, which means if you're standing in the way you'll get slightly damaged, usually from 1-8.

Suh-weet.

Gokuma said:

Cool, but can you set bits like floor bounce and have frame E as a death frame that lasts for a while or long as you want?

I believe so. If you RTFM you'll probably find out how. Uh, I believe there's a forum post somewhere outlining all the DECORATE options... on the ZDoom forums.

Yes, Gokuma, you could do all that, but since ZooM is a multiplayer thing, I didn't want to keep too many useless things on screen at once.