Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PFCGray

Wow.......infrared

Guest PFCGray

I just got finished watchin "Aliens", and just had a cool idea. Would it be at all possible to make an infrared lens to scope out those invisible stealth monsters (if there are gonna be any)? It could either be part of the light-amp goggles or it could be a seperate helmet piece that would just barely fit right in the middle of the field of vision. So it wouldn't affect the whole screen like all the other power-ups, it would just hang from the helmet until the end of the level. Or how about it would be a permanent part of the game, you would just have to recharge it from time to time, and you'd only lower it when you need to. What do you think?

Hrm... well in PD for N64 the X-ray scanner was pretty damn neat (and extremely useful for some levels, not just in the objectives), as were the night vision, and infrared scanners.

Both the IR and NV made the enemies stand out a bit. Even though you can't see your environment as well, when I could I used the thermal imaging, only because it didn't suffer light blindness when the lights turned on.

I think that such a combination would work well in doom 3, esp. if its gonna be as dark as the first two.

If they are gonna be in the game they shouldn't be overused -- cause half the fun is walking into a room where your only illumination is from the muzzle flashes of your gun, where you can hear, but not see the wheezing and coughing guys with shotguns. =)

id should use them sparingly, as like a reward for doing something good or well/efficiently. Or, they would be used for mission objectives only. And if you drop it and it breakes, youre screwed.

I'd like to see any optics in doom turn out like that. And maybe as a rare treat, a pair of lightamp goggles, oh how I love every sector lighting going to 255 =)