Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scwiba

Bury My Heart Knee Deep (FINAL version, 12/15/19)

The map doesn't run in Zandronum, shows "Unknown player class 'NoJumpPlayerPawn'" error. Probably, some script is not compatible with Zandronum. However, it runs in more vanilla ports that ignore scripts entirely.

It is made for vanilla, that's why. All additional scripts are there to try to enforce the non-vanilla source ports to behave properly. Many modern ports aren't vanilla-compatible in the sense that they don't run it to 100% accuracy. Something made for vanilla should be run in a port like Crispy Doom to get the 100% accurate vanilla gameplay the author has intended for the work.

That script just prevents the map from loading in Zandronum, and Zandronum has the best anti-lag for multiplayer. Jumping can be disabled with dmflags. Is it possible to remove that script from the map?

3 hours ago, Alexander230 said:

Is it possible to remove that script from the map?

Try deleting the ZSCRIPT entry in the wad, then open the ZMAPINFO entry and remove everything from "gameinfo" down. Don't delete the ZMAPINFO entirely or the map will stop working correctly.

ZDoom-based ports are not my specialty but I think that will fix your issue.

13 hours ago, scwiba said:

Try deleting the ZSCRIPT entry in the wad, then open the ZMAPINFO entry and remove everything from "gameinfo" down. Don't delete the ZMAPINFO entirely or the map will stop working correctly.

ZDoom-based ports are not my specialty but I think that will fix your issue.

That worked, thank you! :-)

kneedeep-zandronum-fix.zip