Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Just purchased an MSI GS65 stealth thin-054

On amazon I bought it. And now I see what looks like identical system except it comes with win 10 pro and a bundle (headphones mainly). Am I missing something or...? 

Here is what I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BBJKCYG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is what I found after I ordered (same day) and seems to have free headphones and win 10 pro: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GS65-Stealth-Thin-054-Gaming/dp/B07JWD1JK6/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1544752041&sr=1-20&keywords=msi+gs65

The processor also seems to be faster (2.6ghz vs 2.2ghz). If someone with an eye for detail can compare the two and see if I'm missing something? Is there some deficiency with the second link that I'm not detecting? The prices are identical. But the second link seems to be flat-out better.

Thank you Mordeth.

So I canceled my order and ordered the one with the bundle. I have another question for the savvy Doomers who keep up on latest gaming hardware: Storage says 256GB NVMe Super RAID 4. Now I assume this means my computer comes with one 256gb drive with the option of adding up to three more? I've also been led to believe that the drive technology NVMe is one of the faster solid state drives available. By the way, I was inspired by the DW Cacowards to buy a gaming laptop as my current laptop is a 2015 macbook air which isn't great for gaming. Looking forward to trying out some of the excellent wads on my new machine!

Product description:

MSI GS65 Stealth Thin-054 15.6" Gaming Laptop

Processor:Intel Core i7-8750H 2.6 - 4.1GHz

Display:15.6" FHD, Anti-Glare Wide View Angle 144Hz 7ms 72%NTSC 1920 x 1080

Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 8G GDDR5

Memory:16GB DDR4 2400MHz

Storage:256GB NVMe Super RAID 4

Ports:3 x USB(3.1), Thunderbolt 3

Display Ports:4K @ 60Hz, 1 x mDP

Card Reader:-

Optical:-

Communications:Killer N1550 Combo (2*2 ac)

Operating System:Windows 10 Pro

Keyboard:Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key (84 Key)

Webcam:HD Web Camera

Dimensions (WxHxD):14.08"x9.75"x0.69"

Weight:4.14 lbs

BTW, I purchased this on www.mobileadvance.com directly but checked out through amazon.com from their site. There was a coupon code for $50 instant rebate on their site that wouldn't activate from Amazon's site. I guess I'm sharing this because if you are in the market for a new gaming laptop, I think I got a pretty good good deal given how dang thin this thing is.

Edited by Hellbent