Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oldschoolgeek32

Hell Redeemed: My First Ever Wad Level Pack

Hello There! I am glad to present my very first wad that is currently working on progress (WIP) and I plan to finish it in a few or so months (maybe years lol). 

The Plot

6 months after the events of Doom II, You play as an unnamed private sent with field operatives to investigate and infiltrate a top secret U.A.C fortress base. It has been rumored that top-secret illegal experimentation has been occurring upon the labs and facilities of the fortress involving demons. Upon orders from the government, you are sent there with a team in order to destroy every demon and destroy the base. Unfortunately, everything goes wrong, your entire team gets killed, and you are the only one left, you decide to escape towards the Base's Sewage systems and you need to complete your mission. Your objectives, 1. Kill every demon in sight, 2. Find and kill the being responsible for this mess, and 3. Stay alive. 

Some parts of the map are still left unpolished (the ceiling is still the stock ceiling from Doombuilder 2 XD), But I'll fix it sooner or later

Some new features im planning are:

-New Guns (Including the MP5  as seen in the picture)

-Custom Music 

-New Textures

-New Enemies

-Particle and elemental effects

So I basically wanna try something new or innovative so yeah Its gonna take quite a while to finish this wad as I'm still learning how to create maps for doom, and I'll post updates upon it. Currently, the wad has no new textures  yet but I plan to add it in the near future.

Here are some beta teaser photos for the first level (Map01: Sewage Escape)

Thanks! :)

Screenshot_Doom_20200930_213506.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200930_213618.png

The screenshots suggest a map that's a little on the claustrophobic side but I look forward to seeing how this turns out once you've got something playable to share - may the inspiration flow and I hope you've got a finished level or two to share with the community soon.

2 minutes ago, TheOrganGrinder said:

The screenshots suggest a map that's a little on the claustrophobic side but I look forward to seeing how this turns out once you've got something playable to share - may the inspiration flow and I hope you've got a finished level or two to share with the community soon.

Ah Thanks, man.  I can do a few improvements upon it. 

I got some updates, both good news and bad news

Bad News: The MP5 from realm667 has this high recoil thing happening, meaning it can't be played properly without mouselook (which may result to difficulties to doomers who prefer without mouselook). I'll see if I can fix this in slade but currently, the weapon has been removed from the first level.

Good News: The map is nearly polished but I still need to fill out a few areas and still need to put more variety in the textures! I'll update and if I have the time to do so. I might upload the first version of the 1st level! :)

Thanks! :)

2 hours ago, Oldschoolgeek32 said:

Bad News: The MP5 from realm667 has this high recoil thing happening, meaning it can't be played properly without mouselook (which may result to difficulties to doomers who prefer without mouselook). I'll see if I can fix this in slade but currently, the weapon has been removed from the first level.

Removing the recoil is pretty easy, I think I can fix that for you!