Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Retro Dino

Doom Explorer not showing Zdaemon or Zandronum

Hello everyone, happy new year! I actually forgot I had an account on here and I haven't been on here since 2018! Anyways I started playing doom online last night through Doom Explorer, it's tons of fun. I'm having an strange issue though and i'm not sure if anyone else has had it or if someone has a fix for it. Basically whenever I go to the settings in Doom Explorer and go to add everything after odamex (Zdaemon and Zandronum) they aren't showing up in the path folder I put them in. Odamex is the only thing that shows up. I have them in an "Doom Online" folder which is in an "Doom" folder which is in a "Games" folder. I did auto search and it found GZdoom and Zandronum, but i'm still missing Zdaemon. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks. 

EDIT: I'm also looking for friends to play with. Drop your discords and I'll add you! :) 
EDIT 2: SOLVED! 

1. Download Zdaemon
2. DO NOT CHANGE THE FILE LOCATION, leave it alone.
3. Open doom explorer
4. go to settings
5. go to programs

6. add program

7. To find Zdeamon go to your c:/ files - go to users - owner - appdata - roaming - then scroll down to Zdeamon.Click on it, and select the application

Done.

Edited by Retro Dino

Okay i figured it out. I had to manually find it for some reason, and idk why auto search didn't work. i'll post how to do it here incase anyone else runs into this problem and they happen to come across this:

1. Download Zdaemon
2. DO NOT CHANGE THE FILE LOCATION, leave it alone.
3. Open doom explorer
4. go to settings
5. go to programs

6. add program

7. To find Zdeamon go to your c:/ files - go to users - owner - appdata - roaming - then scroll down to Zdeamon.Click on it, and select the application

Done.